Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Transition to 2 naps??

I just wondered when people's LO's made their transition form 3 to 2 naps. I think my LO, who is 30 wks, is trying to do this and I'm finding it hard to read when he wants his afternoon nap. Morning nap is not a problem, generally needs this 2- 21/2 hrs after waking. I've heard that the transition can be difficult with some babies. If anyone has any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    hey, i replied in baby x
  • Options
    Thanks Lauzi, Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year x
  • Options
    hey hun - i found that once h was having a good morning nap he cut out the last one - this was because he was napping later in the afternoon so only needed the two iykwim !! Sorry not very helpful but thats how we did it , although if his morning one is crap he will still have a late afternoon one xx
  • Options
    Thanks yeah we did - hope you did too.

Congrats on the wedding and ttc plans x
  • Options
    Hiya hunni. Harry just seem to drop a nap all by himself. i didnt have to do anything. Congrats by the way. xx
  • Options
    Over the last week I have just offered 2 naps and have started going out during one nap (not every day) so he'll sleep in his pram or car seat and he is doing fine and better still sleeping longer at night image