Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

goodbye...

hi ladies

i know most of you are on facebook now (im not in the group) but just wanted to say im finished with this site now - i dont tend to have anything in common with the posters (more in baby) so have to do whats right for my baby whether others think im being irresponsible or dont agree or whatever) i know i can sometimes be 'opinionated' which others dont agree with and now megan is 7.5 months i think its time to move on...

thank you all for all of your help and support over the past 18 monhts and i wish you all the best with your continued journeys into motherhood and i hope all your los continue to delight and amaze you as they continue to grow and develop - how different this forum is from this time last year lol as its so quiet when this time we were all about 20 week scans and genders etc...

anyway take care ladies and all the best....

Megan and Laura xx

Replies

• Options
    G/Cing...

That's a shame, the site needs divere opinions from a range of mums, with a range of different experiences. Your opinions are as important as the next, I don't think you should take anything said as personal - no one called you irresponsible as that clearly isn't the case. Take care x
  • Options
    thanks emily...

i know no one directly said i was irresponsible but i know its what people think an 'oh my god she is endangering her child on purpose why doesnt she just cut the things in half' reaction will have been thought. i dont care what people think as i know its right but recently i have been reading posts - there was one about making bottles up and people were saying its ok to make their bottles up in advance as their babies have been fine but i see many babies who get sick cause of this and if you offer than opinion or one on early weaning and how i think thats wrong etc its always 'oh no my baby was fine' i know its the same with me saying my dd is fine with grapes - it doesnt mean children DONT choke or that there isnt a risk or that its right just because my baby was fine but it got me thinking...

we are all different as are our babies and while i used to value the different opinions on this site as thats the point i think there have been many 'debates' got out of hand and then the whole name change thing annoyed me and i dont like the new site layout and then i do seem to be in the 'minority' with a lot of things so dont feel there is anything valuable which i can take from posts now - nor offer so dont see the point in hanging around now. espec as this forum is so queit now...

anyway im not leaving due to a particular post or person or because i cant handle different opinions or take criticisms or whatever its just something i have been thinking about recently but have found this site a tremendous help in coping with my mmc, my ttc again journey and my anxious time during pregnancy so will be sad to go but i think the time is right.

Take care,

Lx
  • Options
    G/C but i'll miss you. You were a great help in ttc after mc and I for one have never found you to be anything other than sensible and helpful xx
  • Options
    thanks image

Im soooo pleased to see you are pregnant (how did i miss this?!) Massive congratulations chick image

I hope alls going well and continues to - it really is the best thing and makes all of the heartache a little easier to deal with!

how exciting xx
  • Options
    hi laura.....

sorry to see you are going...we have shared the same road for a while and youll be missed...im also not here very often and just pop in to be nosey,lol!

Im on facebook.....would be nice to keep in touch..PM if you wish xxxxx

love Clare and Neve
  • Options
    oh no I am so so sad to see you are going hun. I really wish we could keep in touch. From the bottom of my heart, I wish you all the best for the future. xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Lauz 41,

Sorry to see you go hun, you've offered me some very good advice in the past I think it's really useful having a HV on a site like this. Haven't read the thread you're talking about so can't comment one way or another just wanted to say thanks and all the very best for the future xx
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go. I have commented on the post in Baby before reading this (and I think it'd be hypocritical to go and edit in now), and although I do disagree with you in it, it's only in as much as what is right for you wouldn't be right for me, and like you say, we can have differences of opinion on this site as we are all different and our babies are all different.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but in reading the other post I was a little surprised, as like you say above, you are always the one to say 'just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't happen' - and I always fully agree with you on that - I often think it needs saying. I'm not saying you're wrong in this case, and definitely not irresponsible - like you say it just makes you think, and we all do what we think is best for our own child, which isn't always what would be best for every child.

I fully respect your reasons for going; it would be a shame to go based on a difference of opinion, but the site has changed recently as you say, and sometimes all the different opinions aren't helpful as they aren't appropriate to your own child.

Sorry, I've waffled a bit and not sure I've made much sense even to myself....

Wishing you and Megan all the best for the future - I've appreciated having your professional as well as personal opinion on here, you will be missed.
  • Options
    sorry to hear you're leaving. I wish you, Megan and your OH the best of luck xx
  • Options
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that you are leaving. I hope you ahven't left already as I want to say thank you for all the advice and support you have given me and Olly over the months. I'm going to miss you hun.

All the best and enjoy every minute with your lovely family

image xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies....

Glad i could be of some help glimmer image)

I havent been on here to post but have been popping up as i get email notifications of private messages so been reading those. man its so quite in here now - i guess everyone sticks to facebook or the nest?

anyway its a shame but it does seem that everyone is winding down from here now - cant believe they are all about the 8 month mark now - wow!

megan is doing great still on 3 bottles but shes hit or miss with what she takes so in next month i reckon we'll be down to 2 - she is still all blw apart from cereal/yoghurt and eats most things she really enjoys her food and will often have a wee 'chat' and giggle then pause and gobble some food lol. when she is in the bath and sitting up she has worked out she can 'slide' backwards on her bum and is now trying to bum shuffle when sitting - she is also trying to crawl and is determined to move and gets frustrated she cant go anywhere - she gets up on her hands/knees then looks all confused but she 'commando' crawls so dont think we're far away fromt that and now she is trying to pull herself up to stand on anything and everything - she cracks me up everyday. im so proud of her and so lucky to have her in my life. we have all shared such a journey on here and its so sad to see it so quiet in here now - just think how we were last year at this point - i was at the 'magic' 24 week point its gone way to quickly.

anyway enough waffling i hope you are all enjoying mummmyhood as much as me and that all continues to go well with you and your los whatever direction life takes us in and good luck to all of you ttc again now or in the near future.

Take care and thanks,

Lx