Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bw easy routine -Falling asleep straight after bottle ?

hi ladies - im currently doing the easy baby whiperer routine but lo just will not stay awake after his bottle so we never have the e then a its always e , s then a !! I cant put him down on his mat after his food as he has reflux and is either sick or gets hiccups if i try it ! Anyone got any ideas on how to wake him after a feed or do you think its ok he has his sleep and activities round the wrong way and that i should not worry about ? All opinions very welcome xxx

Replies

• Options
    We had the same problem with falling asleep and reflux. But I've decided that I'm just not going to let it be a problem and go with what works for him. Most of the time now, at 13 weeks, D will stay awake for 15-40 minutes after a feed. However, sometimes it is as little as 10 minutes, sometimes as much as 90 minutes. This is a recent thing thoough and before that I would just let him go to sleep as its what he wanted to do. What helped me was doing the baby whisperer's four day observation where you mark down all their feeds and naps and sleep, how much, how long over four days. I didn't think D had much of a pattern but he really did I just hadn't seen it.

Also, I'm not sure which BW book you have, the original or solves all your problems but sometimes the advice can vary from one to the other. For example, the original said that if D wasn't napping for more than 40 mins it was because I was misreading his cues and going in to him too early. I knew this wasn't right. He was far too wide awake, smiley and ready to get up for this to be true. Then I read solves all your problems which said that some babies only nap for one sleep cycle (40 mins) and thats just the way they are. So I would use it as a good guide but at the same time let your baby tell you what works for them and if it is better for him to digest the milk by being still and napping then thats the right way to do it. As long as you are still getting the four stages E, A, S, Y I don't think it matters if you are E, S, Y, A.
  • Options
    thanks mrs boo you have made me feel much better and hopeful that he will stay awake in his own time x x