Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what do you do at play time ?

hi girls . Just wondered what you guys do at play time - at the moment i put harrison under his play gym but feel like maybe i should be doing more but dont know what ! He is interested in books or toys so am at a loss of what else to do - any ideas ladies ? Xx

Replies

• Options
    we dont have a play gym yet - i must get one. I hold mirrors in front of Emily. Give her scrunchy toys (shes gripping really well now and brings things up to her mouth) teethy type toys, rattles etc. I also read to her and sing her songs. I know it seems early but trust me they are never too young to be read to and thy love hearing the sound of your voice. I love playtime with babies its so cute!!
  • Options
    we have a play gym which he likes but he prefers it if I hold a rattle up to him and make noises, or read him a book, he has a touch and feel digger one that he was captivated with yesterday. He also like songs, pop goes the weasel is this weeks favourite lol, I think they need to be taught how to play, then will become more interested in things xx
  • Options
    Alana loves laying on her changing mat without her nappy on, having a good old kick and wriggle around while we chat to her and kiss her or sing to her and hold toys up for her to grab ( I take the toys off her play gym). She often has a little chat back to us and is all smiles. She also likes her play gym and has just started grabbing the toys.
    I want to get some books for Alana too, I agree with you Elaine, they are never too young to start X
  • Options
    Bella loves her playmat but get annoyed if you try to play with her when she's on it and doesn't want you to, strong minded little lady! She loves having a good kick on her change mat, being sung to, if you make noises like kisses and animal noises she try's to copy your mouth movements and giggles and smiles and having stories. She's got a few other toys she likes to play and others shes not fussed with.