Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Birth Announcement - 13 days overdue

I've finally had WILLIAM JAMES on Saturday 12th June 2010 at 3.59pm weighing 7lb 12oz

Was having contractions about 6 minutes apart on Friday evening but not very strong ones so they will ended up inducing me, then the pain cam thick and fast. I have to say pethidine and gas & air are fantastic stuff (apart from the gas makes your mouth feel like Ghandi's flip-flop!). Was totally shattered at 6-7cm dilated so they recommended an epidural to give my body a rest or I think I might have been to exhausted to push and would have ended up with a c-section.
Was officially in the pushing stage for 1hr 49 minutes, and I got his head out nice a controlled but then he decided he'd waited an extra 13 days to enter this world and he wasn't waiting any longer and he came out at force with a tsunami behind him (got the midwife in the face, soaked my mums trousers and flooded the floor..lol)...results = 3rd degree tear....OUCH!!

Replies