Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else feel like crap?

Hi this is my first post here I really need some advice and this seemed like a friendly website to ask for it. My name is Georgie I am 22 and am 14+6 days pregnant with my first baby. To begin with I didn't have any sickness and felt really well and thought I must be one of the lucky ones. At 8 weeks I started being sick in the mornings but only around twice a week and I was still eating normally at this point.

However since about 12weeks pregnant I have been having quite bad sickness most mornings and some evenings, feeling sick pretty much all day everyday and eating less and less image at the moment the only thing I can eat a lot of is ice lollies and I can't drink anything but fruit juices am trying to eat breakfast and one meal a day but I'm really struggling I have been put off a lot of foods and am taking forever to eat one meal. my husband isn't very sympathetic I don't think he really understands, I just want to feel normal again image everyone says it will pass soon but it's getting worse. none of my close friends or families have babies I am the first so don't really know if this is normal or not. I am just so uncomfortable and tired plus I do shift work (I am a nurse) which i am really struggling with have had to take a couple of days off but then I feel guilty as so many people work when pregnant I just feel I am not coping as I should be.

Sorry for going on and moaning so much, I am excited to be having a baby it's all I've ever wanted and I know I am very lucky. I was just wondering if anyone is/has been in the same position or if anyone could offer any advice I would b very grateful.

Georgie x

Replies

• Options
    Aww hun. Firstly congratulations!!! Don't feel bad for moaning, you are pregnant and its allowed.

Men are rubbish at the pregnancy stuff, they really don't understand so your nit the only one hun. The girls ob here make up for it though with lits of understanding and sympathy.

With my 1st pregnancy my sickness and nausea lasted til nearly 20 weeks. I am 13 weeks now and trying to eat is still a science. Trying to work out when exactly i can eat and what wont make me heave and then when to stop eating cos feeling full is just as bad. Everyone is different and work will understand hun. Not good to be gagging over your patient!

If you struggle to keep anything down then go your gp cos you need to be able to keep your fluids up.

Ginger biscuits ir arrow root biscuits can help. There are anti sickness bands you can get too. Try eating little and often as well cos feeling hungry ir too full can make you worse

Big hugs hun x
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply coozza-jones, is good to know I am not the only one feeling like this as it often feels! Yeh people keep telling me to eat little and often I am living off ice lollies most of the time which probably isn't enough and maybe making it worse, I am going to tesco today and will try and get other things, i do fancy melon so maybe a good start and healthy too!

I Hav tried Ginger biscuits they didn't really help, i might try anti sickness bands tho. Am feeling a bit brighter today, still nauseous and sick but think i was so fed up yesterday was definitely a bit down. I am back to work tomorrow am just hoping I feel alright for it! Thanks for the advice

Xx
  • Options
    Anytime hun. I know that feeling. I am sick if heaving and feeling sick. Would be so nice to just be able to eat normal meals without the big palava. X