Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First timers........ :roll:

Are you scared??? I ask as I have these moments where I just feel completely overwhelmed and scared and although I have had 3 mc's and we tried and tried for this I go through moments of shear worry! DH and I have been together 10 years which doesn't help as it's alwasy been just to two of us and we're kind of old nowimage and don't have family close by at all. Some days though I think how wonderful it will be when my lo finally arrives - I think also I'm having a hard time not knowing what it is - boy or girl - as I can't quite relate to it yet??? perhaps this is all very normal - I hope so! Just wondering if anyone else feels the same or has a funny 5 mins where it all seems to be alot......

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun, i am on no 2. Dd is 8 months but i remember that feeling so vividly. Pure terror for me. Knowing everything was going to change, was i going to be able to do it etc.

Even though i am on no 2 the feeling is still the same, if not worse as i will have 2 so close together and im petrified x
  • Options
    G/c from due in jan. Hi BoB - how you doing? I don't think the scared feeling goes away does it? I'm 38+3 and still feel that way! I think it's part of being a parent xxx
  • Options
    Hi, this is our first little one, and we are really excited and nervous all at once, somedays I feel like omg there is nothing there, then the next minute I 'feel' pregnant again!

I think it's all part and parcel of the experience, full of joy and wonderment one minute, and panic the next!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas by the way, next year we will all be busy Mummies!! image

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker120/3399FF/555555/My%20pregnancy/06/25/2011.png

Make a pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    I think its only normal to feel like that as our lives will change with a little one and never be the same again! The thing I'm most petrified about at the moment is the thought of labour, trying not to think about it though xx
  • Options
    Hey Hun

I know what you mean - I remember that with my LO who is now almost 2, and being honest, now No 2 is on the way, I have a whole new set of worries!

Will the baby crying wake Liv? Will I have enough time to spend with her? Who will watch her when I go to hospital to have the baby? Will she be jealous? Will I be able to breastfeed and what will keep her amused when I am feeding?

Oh the list goes on!

So hun, it is totally natural! And as for having no family close by - Sometimes count your blessings! :lol:

And I am sure you have plenty of friends willing to help out.

Enjoy Hun, everything you are feeling/thinking is natural!

HTH xxx
  • Options
    Good to hear it isn't just me, I try and rationlise how I'm feeling when I get like this and then change my thoughts in my mind and think of something I'm going to love about it as if I dwell on whatever worries I'm thinking about too long I think I'll have a meltdown :lol:

One of the things I think about alot is I don't cope very well when I'm sleep deprived and not having someone close by to watch baby if I need to sleep is very concerning to me - I know it kind of seeems silly but I can see things spiraling if I just can't get any sleep. :roll:

I know just what you mean nikki about count my blessings I have visitors arriving for xmas tomorrow for a week and am dreading it! image
  • Options
    I remember having loads if worries and when leah came along all the things i was worried about didn't even cross my mind, it was all new worries.

If you are breastfeeding you will sleep luke a baby at any chance as it releases chemicals that help you sleep. I slept everytime leah went yo sleep. Ppl will tell you to forget the cleaning and tidying etc... just sleep!!! Best advice anyone can get! X
  • Options
    I know where your coming from BoB - I find myself daydreaming about what little one is going to be like then I get a complete panick on wondering if I'm going to be a good mum, are we going to have enough money to give little one everything, am I going to be able to breastfeed, I'm I going to cope with labour, will we bond, will my other half bond, etc the list goes on.

It doesn't help people saying that I'm going to be fine as being slightly older you'll know what to do... I wouldn't mind but I'm only 28!!! And I don't know what to do all I've ever done before is hold a baby and changed the odd nappy??

Mini panick while typing this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one but its doesn't make the fears go away.

:? :? :?
  • Options
    Ha ha, I'm the same and believe me being older has no bareing on it at all!! I'm 37 and noone has given me a manual yet image