Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Eek!! :D

Hey Ladies, I'm so happy I just wanted to share it with you.....

I've been feeling quite strong kicks for a few weeks now but tonight I was sat watching my tummy with hubby as I could feel her moving around and we actually saw her kicking from the outside! It was so amazing I loved it!! image

Has anyone else seen kicks from the outside yet?

20+4

xx

Replies

• Options
    g/c from DIA! wow that must be so exciting. im 26+2 and no seen no movement from outside image x
  • Options
    Squee! It is so lovely. I think I have felt baby since around 16 weeks but wasn't sure until around week 18 when hubby could feel her too. Now the kicks are so hard we can see them on the outside - very odd! It is so exciting though and so lovely for hubby to be a part of it all too. I was just starting to get used to her pattern but now I feel her kicking more during the day too - not sure if the pattern has changed or I can feel it better?! I also sometimes see where she must be snuggled up because if I lie flat on my back, my bump is lopsided and sometimes sticks up hard in one place and she kicks about. Very surreal - there is a little person in there! I can not imagine what it will feel like at 30 odd weeks - shall be jumping!
  • Options
    That is fab!! Something else to look forward to! Kicks are getting stronger so hopefully we will see it soon!
  • Options
    I'm the same felt her move since about 16 weeks and now 21+2.

In the last week she has been really active. I was laid in the bath at the begininng of the week watching my tummy up around- shame the OH was at work and he missed it and hasn't happened again yet.

The weirdest thing was I was laying in bed 2 nights ago and she did a 360 inside of me - it was so strong I nearly threw up!! Weird but so lovely at the same time.

I wonder what she is going to feel like as the weeks go on
  • Options
    Yeah I felt definate movement at 15/16 weeks, we were on our belated honeymoon too so it made it extra special for us image

Vicki - I know what you mean about the 360 turn, for a couple of weeks now I have been occasionally getting this mega strange rolling type feeling that makes me squerm a little as it feels so strange and my tummy goes hard then soft again as she carries on moving, it gave me almost the same feeling as if I was on a rollercoaster or going over a large hump in the road in a car fast :lol: it's the only thing I could think of what it could be as thats what it feels like she's doing.

I too cant imagin what it's going to be like when she's bigger tho like in the 30 weeks, Can't wait to find out tho image In the week she has a set routine and i'll know when she's going to start waking up and moving around and there are certain foods that get her going crazy if I eat them lol but I find that on the weekend she moves around most of the day, or at least it seems like it anyways. Maybe it's because i'm less active as when i'm at work?
  • Options
    Oooh Im glad someone else's tummy goes hard - I find that very odd. I can feel it coming on too if that makes sense and then suddenly it is higher and harder in one place. If I roll over or move it tends to sort out!

MrsS - that is an interesting idea about the weekend - I think my little egg is more active at the weekend. I wondered if I just have more time to notice?! She also seems to like certain foods! Hubby was listening to Leonard cohen the other day and she was bouncing around all over the place!! Quite cute because as soon as he puts his hand on my bump she calms down - I wondered if it was because it is warmer?

It really is lovely and exciting. In a way, I'd quite like to keep her in there! Can't wait to see an actual hand or foot shape.. image
  • Options
    I've been experiencing all of the above too, the turns feel very weird I have to say and occasionally feel like my tummy turning over like I have an upset stomach. Also I've felt her when she pushes herself against me it goes hard and hubby can feel that, but he hasn't felt any kicks from the outside yet, but I can certainly feel them inside! Yesterday she seemed to be laying really low and I was back and forth to the toilet all day - in fact it felt like quite alot of pressure down below and not very comfy at all - today it feels better thank goodness. I don't know what we'll be feeling in a few weeks!!! Can't wait until dh can feel her from the outside though image

So it seems that the girls are all very active? I noticed lots of 'she's in the above! Are boys a bit slower to move I wonder??? image
  • Options
    Maybe there is something in that BOB?! Ppl keep telling me that girls are hard work as babies, mabye that's why they are so active! I don't mind though, I'm already totally inlove with my egg!
  • Options
    I haven't heard that and tbh I really think it depends on your own l/o, my friends girls both slept through from 3 weeks! God that would be fantasic! But I know of plenty of boys that are troublesome - not just as babies either :lol: