Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Travel System Advice

Hi

We were going to buy the My Choice travel system from Mothercare however on closer inspection it would absolutely fill our boot and can only be collapsed when its just the frame so seat has to be stored separately. Does anyone know of a travel system which folds easily and can have a car seat just clicked in?? Do not want to spend a small fortune (i.e. no buggaloo or other expensive brands). The My choice was just under ??400 + ??150 for car seat.

Replies

• Options
    i absolutly loved my Bebe loola confort, had sperate seat, carry cot and car seat all clicked on to it, we were going to sell it as it was new when we had nancy who is only 1 on tuesday so still practically brand new but we have decided to keep it use the car seat and the pram with carry cot for when im with someone else who can push noo in her buggy i love it that much i just could bear to get rid of it!!! I cant fault it. I'll still be getting a double too and have decided to go for the city jogger mini double, i think. xxx
  • Options
    Hi, we're going to Mamas and Papas to order the Sola tomorrow as I was really impressed when I saw it and had a demonstration earlier this week.

There's a package deal on just now - ??335 for the pushchair and Aton carseat. I'm also going to get the carrycot (??103) and the Aton belted base (??95) so I can click the carseat straight into the car. Its also compatible with Maxi Cosi car seats. Going to take our car tomorrow to check it all fits image

It collapses with the seat unit still on it and was just so easy peasy to take off the seat and put on the carseat/ carrycot. I've done tons of internet research and kept coming back to the Sola as it has such positive reviews. Good luck with your search xx
  • Options
    Hey Muffin, i have the my choice my4 and i love it so much, yes its bulky etc but it really is a great system, i have a yaris which is quite small but i do manage, although at the moment i only have one carseat in the back, prob be different with two, i also have a small chicco stroller that was ??50 that i keep in car so dont use my choice when going to town but use it around where we stay all the time. xx
  • Options
    Lissysmommy, excited to hear you've bought the Sola too! I think I will use the carrycot during the day as a moses basket downstairs. xx
  • Options
    Hi Muffin I answered you in PG hun!
  • Options
    We bought the Graco Symbio travel system after much shopping around and asking. I asked oodles of people and the only flaw anyone could come up with was that the basket is quite small. I have since remedied this by buying a special bag that fits onto the bar if I need extra space. It is an absolute dream to push and is so easy to collapse etc. It fits in my teeny tiny Ford Ka and the car seat is a breeze to get in and out even though it is a three door. The car seat base was only ??30 from Halfords so we will be getting one for hubby's car and my parent's car - that way the car seat will clip into all of them in seconds. It comes with car seat, pushchair which has three reclining positions and carry cot which can be raised up slightly and rain cover. The best part for me was that the handle just swings over the whole system with one click of a button so is so versatile. Also all parts can be put on as rear/front facing. I have friends who have had it and also had icandy, ultima, silvercross etc and all said it was the better travel system. Can you tell I love it???!!! :lol: