Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Don't know whether I should be worried???

Hi ladies,

I seem to be worrying an awful lot with this pregnancy. With dd I started feeling movement at 18 weeks and had an anterior plcenta. I am now 19+3 and STILL not felt anything that I can deffinately say is bubs moving or kicking.

Starting to get worried. Scan is next Monday but dont know whether i should try and get in to see the mw tomorrow??

Replies

• Options
    I'm sure everything is fine, I take it you don't know where the placenta is and it maybe anterior making it harder to feel, but you could just give your mw a call and let her know your concerns, maybe she'll pop aorund with the doppler!
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry hun they say some women don't feel their bubba until they hit 6 months. Also could be a sign your having a boy as appartently they are a little lazy.

But if its getting you down give your midwife a call it is what they get paid for.
  • Options
    I agree with bob and vicki, try not to worry. my sister was the same and this is her 4th baby. if you are really worried then defo call midwife it's what they are there for!! take care xx
  • Options
    im 22weeks today and am only starting to feel stronger kicks now, felt little squirms for the past 3weeks but i was worrying too. maybe the lazy boy thing is true because mines a boy but my placenta is on the front wall so the mw said id not feel much yet xx image
  • Options
    Hi Cozza, if i had read this Saturday morning i would have been there with you panicking and wondering what was wrong even though i had my scan on the 14th at 19+5 and seen bubba moving around.

I am now 22+2 and it wasnt until Saturday night that i suddenly felt bubba move, and since then its like someone has turned on the light and left it on which is amazing, its still too gentle for OH to feel but i know its deffinately bubba image

I think there are a lot of lucky ladies out there that feel early and so we are reading it and comparing ourselves but we are all individual and each baby is individual. apparently some babies like to hide deep down and only come out when literally they got no choice due to having no room. well so my midwife said.

I suggest if you are worried call and talk to your midwife but try not to worry it will come and when it does its worth the wait x x

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/06/05/2011]
    http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker2/FFFF66/FF33FF/My%20pregnancy/06/05/2011.png

Make a pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    I haven't felt anything yet either and I'm 20+ weeks, I've got my scan on Thursday so just trying not to worry too much but to be honest it is easier said than done. x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I went to see the midwife in the end and the heartbeat us nice and strong and nothing to worry about. Scan in 6 days too image

Also booked in my home birth and birthing pool so very excited x
  • Options
    Glad all was well hun! x