Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby best buys

Hello Ladies

hope you are all doing well.

I had 20 weeks scan last Friday and everything was ok (yellow bump) so at last I think I have finally relaxed and started to look forwards to future and now am in the mood to start buying baby things. I don't need an awful lot as this is my second baby but a lot of my friends have got some bargains but unfortunately these offers have now come to an end!! I was going to buy the Tommy tipee feeding set which includes steriliser, bottle warmer and loads of accessories but now the price has gone back up to ??100 (was under ??50 in some places before)!!

Just wanted to know if any ladies had any tips or advice on any bargains they have got or if they know of any sales or events coming up?

many thanks image

Replies

• Options
    do you have an asda by you? is so pop into there and have a look even though the baby event has finished they are selling off the stuff even cheaper, worth a look!!

if I see or hear about any bargains will let you know! image
  • Options
    I bought an AVENT microwave steriliser for ??10 in ASDA Mothercare were selling them for ??25, then I got another one the exact same in Morrisons on Saturday for ??5!!!!! totally brill. Also got lots of little cute clothes in ASDA at a great price. I was thinking that because we're not due til June there will be more events just before that..to stock up on nappies and wipes etc.
  • Options
    I've just bought the BT 150 baby monitor in John Lewis for ??48 which I was quite pleased with as its usually ??70. Every few pounds off helps!!

If you join all the baby clubs (Boots, Mothercare, Asda etc) you get vouchers and some freebies. Amazon sometimes has really good deals on baby stuff and is worth a look to compare prices.

The Babies R Us sale has finished now but keep a look out for the next one as I got our cot and mattress and the Closer to Nature feeding set half price. The website always has a special offers section too xx
  • Options
    You can always check out ebay for things that you want! I live in the States so don't really have any other advice....I did just buy some Sock Ons from ebay in the UK - apparently they're great!
  • Options
    i have to second the baby event at asda... and if you wait until the end of it then things down down even cheaper! x
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

I feel exactly the same - I'm 22 weeks now and have a huge desire to start getting organised and buy a few things.

We just got our baby monitor - Tomy Digital Monitor TD300 . It's about ??50 usually but they have it on Amazon for ??35. Should arrive tomor. Also joined the Boots parenting club and got the free changing bag (worth ??35) and 20% off our car seat.

HFx