Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

measuring big?!

Hi ladies I saw my midwife again today (I have to go every 2 weeks due to raised blood pressure last time) anyway I'm 27weeks tomorrow and measuring 29weeks image when I went @ 25weeks I was spot on?

any one else have or had this? she asked me if I had anymore scans booked in for growth check - which I haven't?!

to be honest I'm a little confused and I'm convinced she measured me wrong?!!! although EVERYBODY keeps telling me how big I am! I have a consultant appt next friday to discuss birth as I had to had a section last time, was going to try for natural this time but if I'm going to have a whopper I don't want to now :lol:

little worried now as I don't know what to expect next?? xxx

Replies

• Options
    hey hun, dont worry! When i was pg with dd I measured 2 weeks ahead 1 week and a few weeks later io was back to being spot on. Measuring bump isnt very accurate as your bump gets bigger throughout the day and the way baby is lying can also affect it ie, bum out etc.

2 weeks isnt alot to measure ahead by so please dont let it worry you! you will most likely be back to normal next time x
  • Options
    phew!! thanks ladies, you have made me feel better.

Family and friends think it's funny and keep saying well you are big!! :roll: so that wasn't making me feel better at all!!

will have to see how it goes hopefully my measurements will be ok next time! thanks again xx
  • Options
    G/C I was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 28 weeks when I went back this week I was bang on target. MW said he must have had a growth spurt that has now settled.

DD was also 2 weeks ahead right from 30 weeks & she was 7lbs 4oz so not a big lump!

As long as they keep monitoring you chick x
  • Options
    Hey hun, i have been measuring big since my 21 week scan so have been booked in for a 34 week one, at my obstetrician check last week i was measuring 27 week (3weeks ahead) so i have to do the gtt test and get another scan next week, midwife told me not to worry tho, even tho i look MASSIVE i know it could just be a growth spurt. lol. i will let you know how it goes and what they say and hope it maybe helps you put your mind at rest xxx
  • Options
    thanks ladies!!

yes please elleabis_mum let me know how it goes!! good luck xx