Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I want to say Hello but fear I may have to say goodbye soon....

Hello all, I was trying to hold back from saying hello but I like the support the "due in" groups offer as we travel the journey together. I'm pregnant, strange to say again, no emotion behind the words, not even sure its true tbh. I was part of the due in April 2013 group, sadly at 8 weeks 2 days I had my first mc on 1st September. It was the most horrific pain ever, then nothing. It's something I never want to re-live but fear I may. I have a beautiful amazing 2 year old (june 2010 group) and she really pulled me out of the depths of darkness. My angel! So now I'm 5 weeks 1 day. Due 12th June (32 day cycle!). But things may change as this was my first cycle since mc (very lucky) so gotta see doc to check all is "normal". Looking forward to meeting you all. X

Replies

• Options

Welcome babyboom, that is so awful to loose your little one at 8 weeks, I know how it feels and you are just settling into being pregnant so it is devastating. I really hope this is a sticky bean, there is no reason why not even though the first cycle since mc. Here is to a h&h  9 months for you and all of us.xx

• Options
    Thank-you apricotmoon.

Yes it was very hard but I had a bad feeling right from the start, even a scan at 6 weeks with good heartbeat didn't reassure me. I now 100% trust my body and instinct.

Anyway....happy thoughts image

Yes fingers crossed for a h&h 9 months for all of us x x x
  • Options
    Welcome back Baby Boom!! I've been on the lookout for you and I'm so happy you are feeling well again and even better, you've got a BFP!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Loadsa love, Chilli xx
  • Options
    Welcome back Baby Boom!! I've been on the lookout for you and I'm so happy you are feeling well again and even better, you've got a BFP!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed a sticky bean for you

Loadsa love, Chilli xx
  • Options
    image Thank-you chilli.

Hopefully this will be my sticky bean!

Hope you and the other ladies are ok.

Miss you all.

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy image x
  • Options
    Thank-you x
  • Options

Hi Huni, Ive been on the lookout for a post from u and I just wanted to send my biggest congratulations and prayers for your bean!!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. Another June bump, how wonderful image x

• Options
    Hey

Thank-you image

Didn't want to post in DIA as I'm sure not many remember me lol

How are you? And bump and monsters? image

• Options

Welcome to the group Baby Boom, congratulations on your BFP. Hope your little bean is an extra sticky one. I had the same as you (MC at 8 wks) so know how hearbreaking it can be, I also have a LO, my son Rok is 23 months, you are absolutely right they help pull you through the dark times.

xxx

• Options
    Babyboom, I too have been looking out for u as u left the group image so glad u got a BFP so soon after MC. I am keeping everything crossed that this bean is super sticky xx
  • Options
    Hey superking!

How are you?

Yeah I'm sooooo happy but super anxious as I'm approaching the same stage....touch wood!

• Options

Hey all, never really spoken out on one of these forums before, mainly just been nosey and read everyone elses posts in hope of reassurance. I too was also afraid of saying hello through fear of having to say goodbye. I have 2 healthy boys but had a blighted ovam (went undiagnosed till my 3 month scan) in 2008 and a miscarriage in 2011. Im pregnant again - which was a suprise, and am currently 6 weeks by conception date or 7 by LMP. I really dont feel pregnant at all, have deep dull period like cramps a lot, splitting headaches that come and go and sore boobs (but not as sore as my 2 full term pregnancies) Im trying to get an early scan done at the hospital as the stress is killing me and my husband. It feels like the blighted ovam is happening all over again as I didn't feel pregnant then either, I've had bloods done which more than doubled but this still hasn't put my mind at rest as I also struggled to get a strong positive pregnancy test this time like I did back then.

Dear me you can see I've bottled all of this up as I've not stopped going on! Any reassurance would be much appreciated.

PS Due 28th June 2013

• Options
    Hey cm,

Welcome and congratulations!

Doubling bloods is fantastic. A scan may put your mind at rest as you say, keep trying to get one.....or can you pay private?

Try to relax. Easier said than done I know. I'm now 8 weeks and still unsure if there is a baby if you see what I mean. Despite doc and mw telling me not to worry! Lol

I'm glad you said hello.....a problem shared is a problem halved image
  • Options
    Hey cm357

I had a missed miscarriage in march which I think was also a blighted ovum. It was discovered at a private scan at 10 weeks. It was very stressful and very sad. I am now pregnant again and we went for an early scan at 6.5 weeks because we needed the reassurance so much after our last experience. It really helped as once we had seen bean with a heart beat. We have little girl already buy still worried!

I would suggest trying to get an early scan even if you have to pay as it does really help with the worry!

The chances of another blighted ovum is very small as they are so uncommon.

I hope you manage to find some peace as I know stressful it can be!!

Xx