Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding and cramps but hospital sent me away

Hi all, I'm so scared. Had very light brown spotting since last week and it was very on and off. Went to GP and they sent me for early scan. Scan said I was 5 weeks and could only see sac and yolk sac and I'm to go back in 10 days for re-scan. They told me it was fine to fly. So here I am in Abu Dhabi only for the spotting to get stronger and yesterday become full blown red (like period) together with cramps. Went to th local hospital only to be told there is nothing they could do and that I have a 50% chance of miss carrying. In their eyes they said I'm not bleeding enough as not soaking any pads but when I go to the loo it's proper period like with clots. I'm so upset. The doc told me to go home and take paracetamol an put my feet up and pray to god and hope everything will be ok. I went to loo whilst at hospital and blood dripped out so went to doc and she could see I was physically upset. So she agreed to do an internal scan. She said my cervix was still closed and m praying it stays that way. My husband I are at a lost as there is nothing we can do. The cramps seem to have gone but I'm still bleeding. Actually when I stand up or o to the loo there is still slight pain. We are so scared. I'm scared to fly home on sat. Please pray for us Xx

Replies

• Options
    TM I am sorry to hear this sad news. Please be sure its nothing you've done, flying will not have caused this. There isn't a lot you can do sadly the doc is right you need to rest and let god sort the rest.

I hope things settle before Saturday for you and that everything is ok. Were here for you.

• Options
    Thanks Baby Boom, so do we. I'm going to be devastated if anything happens to our baby. I'm so scared. My boobs don't feel sore anymore
  • Options

Tm, how scary for you, the fact that your cervix is still closed is a good sign thou !

Fingers crossed and make sure you rest up when you can xxxx

• Options
    Thank you lib51981 x
  • Options
    Keeping everything crossed for you x
  • Options
    Bleeding stopped this morning but just went toilet and there is still some dripping now. Arghhh
  • Options
    TM- just answered a question you had on another thread but thought I'd re post it here to keep all your topic together image

TM - I had a mc at 8 weeks 2 days (had scan at 5 weeks, all was well baby had heartbeat). In the morning the day before I had light spotting a cracking headache and felt rubbish....as day went on bleeding increased to light period, red. I still felt rubbish. On the day I still felt rubbish, emotional as I knew, I then started with on off cramping about 5pm which got stronger and stronger and more frequent and more painful....two paracetamol didn't even touch the pain. (i nearly called 999) At 9-10pm I went to the loo and that was it........mc.....the pain went straight away. Then the bleeding lasted a week and was like a period, I was very sore but no real bad pain. Everyone is so different though but like you I wanted answers too but couldn't get them. Hope that helps. x
  • Options
    I'm praying my sticky bean stays. I feel so useless like there is nothing I can do.

When I'm lying down I have no pain at all, only when I stand nd it's like a niggle.

Today I burst into tears. It's been 3 days and I still have light bleeding. I'm praying it will stop today and everything will be ok.

My boobs don't hurt anymore which worries me.

I know some people bleed and go on and have healthy pregnancies and I hope I am one of them.

Please pray for us xxx
  • Options
    TM - if you need to cry then cry chick. It's natural.

It's difficult because you have to have faith, faith that your body will keep bean safe and also faith that your body knows what's best. It's a hard thing to go through all this uncertainty but trust me either way you will be ok.

I had bleeds with dd, period flow, few cramps and she was fine. Sadly Ive also experienced the negative outcome as well...having had a mc.

Trust in your self.....your stronger than you think.

Keep resting and keep relaxing....even when the bleeding stop....sometimes its your body screaming STOP!

• Options
    Bleeding really lightened up today and I was full of hope but just the last toilet visit there was droplets of blood and fresh blood when I wiped. I'm hoping its th residual of the past 2 days but really don't know.

How long should I bed rest for? We have 3 days left of the holiday and not been anywhere because I'm too scared to move.

I'm also worried about the flight home, what if something happens on there, fingers crossed it won't
  • Options
    For the flight home pack an emergency kit so at least you know your prepared then that will take the worry off you as stress isn't good - paracetamol, baby wipes, spare pants, pads etc.

I personally would say bed rest until your wiping clean for a good few hours then after that take it easy. But obviously its up to you. image
  • Options
    Thanks baby boom.

I just want to get home now.

I think gravity increases blood flow.
  • Options
    Have a safe journey and remember your not alone.

• Options
    Thank you! Still some light blood when I wiped this morning when will it stop.

3 more full days til home...praying I will see heartbeat on tues x
  • Options
    When I wiped again I had massive clot. Went to doc and she said it can happen. She checked my tummy and said she couldn't feel contractions which was good. Fingers crossed, praying all ok.

I called airline to ask for wheelchair and they asked me why, so I told them I was spotting and they needed doc fit to fly note which is why we went.

Called airline to change flight, hoping to come home tonight or tomorrow but nearly ??600 more. Will have to wait til sat. Please bleeding stop please stop
  • Options
    hiya tm, just wondering how you are, have you arrived back in the uk yet ? hope everything is ok, wishing you lots of luck xxx

when are you due your scan ? x
  • Options
    Thank you QueenAshanti

At the airport, waiting to board. Very nervous.

Scan is on tues, fingers crossed all will be ok x
  • Options
    well ive had my fingers crossed for a friend in a very simalir position since wed, she had scan today and everything was ok, heard babies heart beat.

good luck for tue x
  • Options
    Thank you QueenAshanti,

We made it home in one piece, and now the agonising wait to the scan begins.

Hopefully our scan will have a very happy outcome too. Please please please give us a happy outcome

• Options
    Thank you again QueenAshanti. X