Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling movements

This may be a silly question but is anyone else feeling their baby move? When i am very still in bed lying on my back i can feel the slightest butterfly feeling in my tummy. I remember the feeling from when I was pregnant with my dd.  I am approx 9 weeks so wonder if you think it is far too early to feel anything?x

Replies

• Options

no i can too - im 8 weeks and feel the same as you..lol..

• Options
    Personally I'd say its far to early! I know second time (plus) mums tend to feel movement early but I thought that was about 15w ish.

Sorry.
  • Options

Oh you are probably right babyboom, I am so disappointed though I was sure I could feel it.x

• Options
    I think it is a little early yet. Maybe about 15 to 18 weeks wld be normal as the baby is still very very tiny at 9 weeks.
  • Options
    Sorry apricot image

But on plus side only 9 weeks to go till you feel baby.....a Christmas present! image
  • Options
    ......9weeks can't go by quick enough.....what a fabulous xmas present image
  • Options

Well i happen to disagree as this is my 3rd and i have been getting movements since 9 weeks, not every day and it depends how i am lying. I felt the baby turn completely and also it kicked hard enough for my oh to feel one night. It might be small but depending on where it is positioned i reckon its possible. Saying that i am not sure if you know what your looking for if its your first but  for me its defo baby moving. Can't wait to feel it everyday though.