Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dopplers.....

Hey ladies, I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a Doppler? I've been looking on amazon but there is just too many to choose from. Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, I've got the angel sounds one!! I think it was around 20 pounds and really good!! I bought it when I was about 9 weeks but didn't always manage to find it, but I'm 13 weeks now and find it everytime and it's really clear and loud x
  • Options

i also reccomend the angelsounds doppler..great...it's on ebay for £20!!

• Options
    wish i had bought the angelsounds one now it looks good...i have just rented one from hi-baby at ??10 a month. Im 8+1 and tried but couldnt find the heartbeat think its just too early! x
  • Options
    dont know why the pound sign is ??? lol
  • Options
    Not sure what mines called but I got it new from eBay (3 years ago) and at the time eBay sellers were by far the cheapest for a few brands of doppler.

Mine hasn't got a heartbeat counter (led screen) as I didn't think it necessary, however looking back I should have, although it might of panicked me if the numbers weren't "right". Lol

Remember your gel! Early on it helps I've found....however later on 15 plus (if I remember correctly) I didn't use it at all and picked heartbeat up just as clear.

• Options
    Well I got the angel sounds one and tried it yesterday. I found a heart beat but not sure if it was mine. Lol. I'm 11+2 today so might try again later after drinking lots of water and see if I can tell the difference. Hehe
  • Options
    You'll know if its yours, it's quite slow and is a wooshing sound, I think it's the placenta!! The babies heart beat will sound a bit like a steam train image really fast!!
  • Options
    Ah think it was mine then, it was a steady beat but def had that whooshing sound. Maybe need to wait couple more weeks. I don't even have a bump yet so can't really judge where bean maybe hiding. Lol
  • Options
    You probably will be able to find it, first time it took me about 10 minutes... Started to get a bit bored if I'm honest lol but then I found it, it wasn't very high up! It is very distinctive and amazing when you do find it!! I'm almost 14 weeks now and find it straight away!!
  • Options
    You should be able to find it at 11 weeks, I found both dd and this one just before 10 weeks.

Like sid says its very very fast like a train or a horse galloping!

If you find you illiac arteries, about 2 - 3 inches in from your pelvic bone then you will define your pulse....it should be a steady 1,2,3,4 or if you get the valve then is a woosh woosh noise. Babies is about double the speed of yours (if that makes sense).

Have a look on you tube if your still unsure what it should sound like.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Woohoo, thanks so much for the advice ladies after about 8mins of slowly moving around I found it. So surprised by how fast it is, so excited for scan on Friday nowimage can def tell th inference between mine and babies now. Xxx
  • Options
    That's great! Glad you found it image