Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

In hospital :(

Title says it all really. Got so poorly I didn't keep anything down for 36 hours but was still being sick. After no sleep and being sick 11times in 24 hours all I could say was help me. OH took me straight into a&e on Friday morning. By Friday afternoon I was finally canulated and being pumped full of fluid. They admitted me hoping to send me home today but I've only gone from 4+ ketones to 3+ ketones with 6 litres of fluid given to me via a drip so another night in hospital for me image Hope you are all doing better than I am xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Awe bless you! I hope you get a break and the sickness at least eases off for you. Your in the best possible place and i hope you start to feel better soon! Sending you a virtual hug. xxx
  • Options
    Oh love that's awful! Keeps my sickness in perspective.

I really hope you start to feel better soon and the hospital try and do something to help you when you get out.

Sickness in pregnancy is truly awful. I don't think many people realise how bad it can be image

Lots of hugs and hydrating thoughts

Xx
  • Options

Sorry you are so poorly lisalou, glad your hubbie took you to hospital and is looking after you. Hope you start to feel better soon and begin to enjoy being pregnant.x

• Options
    Oh lisalou, can really sympathise with ou after my hospital stay at the beginning of he week. The sickness really is terrible people really don't warn you enough. Hope you have a speedy recovering and plenty of rest.

To add to the embarrassment of being sick in public, yesterday I fainted in tescos image had an emotional breakdown afterwards feeling sorry for myself but hubby has been incredible. Back on bed rest today. So lisalou, take things easy don't try to do too much when your ack home again xxxxx
  • Options

aww hun sending lots of huggles your way - get well soon x

• Options
    I hope everyone is feeling better soon. I have good and bad days but I read somewhere that taking a b vitamin supplement can help and I will say that since I started talking it I have felt a bit better.
  • Options

Oh dear, you poor thing! At least you are in the best hands and have a chance to pop your feet up and look after yourself.

I have been very fortunate with the morning sickness but on my bad days I have the utmost sympathy for those that really suffer with it. Its horrid.

Take care x

• Options
    Oh Lisalou! That naughty lil bean needs to play nicely!

Hope the fluids worked last night and you can get home today.

Take care

• Options
    Thanks for all your messages ladies. Got home Sunday afternoon with stronger tablets to take. Scary weekend really and quite nervous now I'm out of hospital. Phones the gp this morning and receptionist is sorting the dr signing me another sick note for a week, no way would I be ready to be back at work this week. The tablets I'm on are also used to treat insomnia so feeling quite wiped out really so just dozing most of the time. My ds is poorly today with a cough and cold so we've come to my mums for the day whilst oh at work. Relieved to finally have a diagnosis of hyperemesis and so glad I got to hospital when I did. Couldn't have managed another day like that and was very near to collapsing, almost did in a&e. So if anyone is ever feeling its out of control, get yourself in don't wait for gp to send you xxxx
  • Options
    Glad your home Lisalou, it's such a worrying time.

Fingers crossed your on the mend, please take it easy and keep well image

Is your midwife coming out to see you?

Xxxxx