Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

big bed

Its Sams first night in a big bed. feels like he is not a baby at all now. he went straight off to sleep and didn't seem to mind that it was a bed not a cot.

just as an aside Sam is doing a sponsored swim to raise money for Tommys baby charity if anyone would like to sponsor him you can do it online at www.tommys.org/samsswim

Replies

• Options
    wow...big boy!!!!

Amelia will be in her cot till going on 3! Thats what I always do. It is a cot bed which is a first for me so it may be sooner than that. Will see how she is getting on this time next year when she is 2 and a half. Your very brave doing it so early!!!

d xxx
  • Options
    wow! what a big boy in a bed already!
    i have been thinking about getting the girls bunk beds as it would give them more room, but i dont htink that freya is any where near ready to go into a bed yet, she would just be up playing and never go to sleep. i think that i will wait until after christmas phoebe was over 2 when she went into a bed and she was still a bit of a pain about it then, she used to put all the toys in her room in bed with her, i had nights when i had to take every thing out of her rrom and put it on the landing just so she would go to sleep. the little mokey!!

any way hope that sam carries on being well behaved. xx
  • Options
    i probably would have waited but the nursery have put him in a bed so didnt want to cause him confusion or cause problems when he sleeps at the nursery and it may have made it harder to put him in a bed in the future. the first night was a bit eventful...he fell out twice in the night but managed to uss that one out by just putting a blanket next to him. was debating about getting a bed rail. after the slight mishaps he went to sleep absolutely fine in the bed and just got himself up this morning. my oh went and got him when he heard the door handle rattling lol
  • Options
    No Way No Way!!!
    Haha. Aimee still lies side ways, turns round, she would fall out every ten mins!!!! Plus she will get out of it at all hours!!! She will be in til school!! Haha only joking.,

Well done you!
  • Options
    That's so cute that he got himself out of bed! So grown up. Nursery put Samuel in small stackable beds too but he doesn't have a good sleep there.

I'm not considering this for a long time a my Samuel is too much of a wriggler too. God know what he dreams about but he thumps himself against the cot sometimes at night.

Jo x
  • Options
    i debated about getting a bed guard but in the end i just used a rolled up blanket on the side and even if he wiggles around in the night he doesnt fall out. the only thing is that a few times when we have gone up to bed we have found that he has got out of his and gone to sleep on ours lol