Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

mia has a cough

mia has a cough and has done since a week ago. i know it says in the book that if they are feeding well and seem happy there is no need for a doctor visit but im getting worried now. nighttimes are becoming a nightmare because she wakes up and seems to be choking on whatever is stuck in her throat. we were in the car yesterday and i thought we were going to have to pull over onto the hard shoulder because she was coughing and then choking and she couldnt breathe for about 5 secs!
im going to call HV this morning for some advice but just incase she says "oh its ok as long as she is feeding fine...blah blah blah" does anyone else have any suggestions as to what i can do...is there anything i can give her?

thanks
del xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    Sorry to here Mia is not well.
    I would just check with your Hv or Dr as it has gone on for a week now., but I do not have any suggestions as to what could be causing her cough.
    Mary xx
  • Options
    back from the docs....mia has a fever and a chest infection and is on antibiotics now. bless. im staying in out of the sun today and trying to keep her cool.
  • Options
    i hope mia is better soon, harvey has now been poorly for 3 months but things seem alot brighter after his hospital appointment today!!!
    get well soon baby mia love from harvey xxx
  • Options
    poor Mia. Hope she doing better on the meds.

Amelia started coughing afew days ago and its getting worse. She happy little bunny and eating ok etc... will take her if gets worse but its a dry irratable cough so dont think its chest inf. Also, she has norm temp!

d xx