Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

jar food

march 08 babies: do you still give ur l.o jar food?

Replies

• Options
    Personally, no. DD eats whatever we're eating. That said though we were at Ikea a couple of weeks ago and they were giving away free jars of baby food with main meals so I got her one and she ate it. Along with daddy's meatballs, mummy's chips and big brother's pasta and garlic bread!!
    Not a fussy eater it's safe to say lol!!
  • Options
    mostly no, she normaly eats whatever we do, but on the odd ocasion for a quick meal if we are having soem thing that isnt sutable like a curry or take away i some times get one of those toddler bowl type ones. i necver really liked giving jars they all look and tase the same to me so think that they cant be nice for them, but on occasions they are still handy. x
  • Options
    I haven't ever given lucas jar food just because i find it cheaper just ot save a little of what we have (even at the beginning, i just kept a bit of veg, potatoes, meat etc before i added salt or sauces). He will eat them no problem tho. I think he's only ever had 2 jars lol
  • Options
    most of the time toby has what we eat maybe has one jar a week if am in a rush or we are having something like a spicey curry
  • Options
    Since I have such a huge brood there is always something on the go for Amelia to tuck into. She eats most things now so even out and about there is always something. Much cheaper as here jar foods are about 3 pounds a go!!!

d xxx
  • Options
    Ellie eats jars of hipp organic or the little plum baby trays & she loves the fruity ella's kitchen pouches. she is such a fussy eater i spend a fortune on things for her! I wish she would eat what i eat it would be so much handier but so long as she eats something i am happy! xx