Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hands and knees in his cot!

I havent been on here for ages and I have really missed it actually. Just been so busy and trying to study etc but thats all done now so bring on Christmas! Anyway, just wandered if anyone else had this problem...Ryan has always been a good boy at night but now he has establised crawling really well, whenever he disturbs in the night or sometimes on settling to sleep, he turns himself over and over again onto his hands and knees in the crawling position, rocks there for a while, crawls to the end of the cot then is stuck. He cries out and I obvsiouly go and put him straight, but this can go on for a good half hour somtimes, til he has fully worn himself out. Any ideas what to do about this? I am thinking there are no answers and just something I have to ride out, but heres hoping theres a trick...

Replies

• Options
    hmmmm Amoss am sailin in the same boat... lo behaves in a similar manner .... lets hope to hear a trick here soon
  • Options
    Hey ladies,

Have you got them in sleeping bags? Olivia doesn't seem to get very far in hers! x
  • Options
    i was gonna say the same. Have you seen how cumbersome Maggie from the simpsons is in hers?? they cant get very far in their little grow bags!!!!
    d xxx
  • Options
    ha yes he is in a sleeping bag but thats no obstacle for Ryan! I dont quite know how he gets around as much as he does in it...
  • Options
    Maybe try the Nature Sensations Sleep Positioner!

Samuel went through a bad phase of rolling in his sleep onto his front, waking up and crying. He couldn't roll back especially as he was in a sleeping bag. I want sometimes up 5 times a night turnig him back. It was a nightmare. This little contraption has saved my sanity. It's not huge but it's big enough for the time being and keeps him pretty stationary. I think I bought mine on amazon though:

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__12369_10001_

Good luck!

J x