Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Opinions please....christening dress for Amelia

Hiya

Really excited as we have booked Amelias christening. We have for all 4 had HUGE parties costing a couple of grand with champagne flowing etc.... this time though i want a nice intimate affair. We have booked a country house for just my sisters and families, my brother, MIL and FIL and OH sis and her family. Only 20 in total. Pimms on arrival, 5 course sunday lunch in a private room just for us lot and wine and chamagne aplenty. Because I hardly see my family I just wanted to be sat round a big table with the ones I love most. Lauren and Chris my 17 and nearly 15 year old are godparents. Also my BIL as he is so good with the kids and really helps out when I home for summer.
Anyway, to the point....... hopefully the link will take you to a dress I like. i dont like long, paegent type dresses. I want something she can wear again and wear to a wedding the week after.

https://sslrelay.com/www.s97913270.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=15483029634b749/shopdata/index.shopscript

opinions please

ta
d x

Replies

• Options
    damn..it wont load....
    you have to go to product search..put in christening and then scroll to almost the end to find dress code BD2740

d x
  • Options
    Can't you just do something yourself rather than hiring someone lara? There is a pack you can buy to help you or you could put something together yourself. You could even just have it as a family bbq or garden party?

Lucas' dedication is in 2 weeks and I'm so excited! We're going for the full works. He's wearing the family gown, we ordered a cake (from my OH's aunt who designs cakes for a living...she did our wedding one too) and we are having a buffet! Most of it we are doing ourselfs like my hubbys aunt doing the cake, we are doing the catering, mil doing the flowers and my daddoing the ceremony.

Dee, that dress is lovely, looks a perfect choice so you can use it again. I'm jealous of all these mummies of girls (although I wouldn't swap my boy for anything)!
  • Options
    Thanks girls. Nice to get other opinions as I really was not sure. I was tempted to start a family gown or use my wedding dress to get one made as my sister did. Its hard as she will be nearly 6 months so can look bit big in long dresses.
    You will have to get pics up of Lucas on his big day. We have had all our kids baptised in same church called St marys which is in the doomsday book...that old!!!!!!!!!! We had our wedding blessed there too (married in st lucia)
    Lara....when we had our first lauren we were skint..totally! We had a baptism and then told family and friends that we were going to a local hotel for sunday lunch and they were most welcome to join us but it was a pay for yourself job. most came and no one seemed to mind. It cost us relatively nothing! Still got presents too!!!!!!!!!!!

d xxxx
  • Options
    ours not till 17th August!
    I would concentrate on moving at moment and you can get it done next year or later...no rush really! Lauren was about 9 months when I had her baptised.
    d xx
    ps it was funny as on the list of latest blogs on the home page yours was there and the line ended with but hubby has such a huge.............
    d xx