Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hi just a little update on Elise

Hi ladies and tweenies
i cant believe time goes so quickly.
Doesnt seem 5 mins since we were all comparing pregnancy aches and pains lol. Then i had to spoil it by having Elise in Jan instead.
she is doing quite well, although we have a few concerns with her development. She saw the HV the other day and now weighs 19 lbs which is good for her. She is going to be seen by the physio to check her legs as she is a bit stiff and her balance isnt improving. she is also showing some signs of autism, but they wont assess her until after her 2nd birthday. She is starting at nursery in Jan and hopefully they will keep an eye on her development. She is on the go all the time so she keeps me on my toes. Not easy when youre supposed to be resting.
I am now 26 weeks and had the first steroid injection today. I have to go back tomorrow for the second ' ouch' I'm only 2 weeks away from when i had Elise, but am determined to reach 30 weeks this time.
If I can get to 34 weeks they will sterilise me at the same time as the c section.
Hope all your little tweenies are doing really well.

Maria xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Maria,

You sound a lot less worried about this pregnancy than Elise and I hope you're doing ok.

Elise's weight sounds really good. I'm sorry to hear they're concerned about her balance and autism. You sound like you're coping so well with it all. I haven't got any experience with autism but it can be very mild can't it, and not affect your quality of life too much. Fingers crossed for Elise.

Samuel had his 18 month check on Thursday and it all went well.

I'm doing ok. Had my D&C on Tuesday and I felt really weepy yesterday. I think it was the hormones leaving my body and things returning to normal. I've been scaring myself by reading about complications if you have multiple D&Cs. Surfing the internet is bad for your health sometimes! Everything was fine with Samuel so I just need to take deep breaths and convince myself it will probably be ok next time.

Take care anyway honey,

J x
  • Options
    hi Jo
    i'm so pleased to hear samuel is doing really well.
    having aD&C is not a nice thing to go through and It's not surprising that you were weepy. ((hug))
    never mind about the internet hun, just look at your beautiful boy and believe that you will go on to succeed. Just be easy on yourself for a while.

Maria x
  • Options
    glad to hear that this pregnancy is going well and hope that it coninues for a good while yet.
    im sorry to hear that they have some concerns with elise, but as jo says autisum can be very mild.
    take care. xxx