Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2 questions...

1. Is it just me or is changing nappies so much harder these days?

Lucas will not stay still! He twists and turns to try and grab everything around him and it mkes it very difficult to get his nappy on.

2. When are you all moving your cot down a level?

We moved Lucas' cot down one level tonight now that he has been sitting up really well all week. Don't want to risk him trying to get over the side of his cot! So now the bumper is off and his cot and room looks so different! He's not my little baby anymore!

Replies

• Options
    Yep, call it nappy challenge not nappy change time now lol! Not had to move cot down yet, Evie can sit but can't get herself to sitting from being laid down so reckon we're safe for a few more weeks there.
    Know what you mean about them not being babies anymore though Nic, Evie gave me a huge toothy grin and giggle earlier and it just hit me that my bubba baby girl's growing up.
  • Options
    i know exactly what you mean about the nappy situation, harvey wriggles so much that i almost get dizzy!!
    we had to move the cot to the lowest level about a month ago when he started pulling himself up.............i dont know where my baby went?!!
    we should all have more!!!
    vikki xx:lol:
  • Options
    Sam thinks its funny to play with the curtain/roll/generally wiggle/ kick his legs/eat the clean nappy during nappy changing.

have been meaning to move cot down for a while but need to pester oh to help me do it as he can stand ans has started pulling himself up. when i was a baby as soon as i could stand i used to climb out the cot every night so i ended up in a big bed at 1 lol
  • Options
    Ha ha, nappy time is now a nightmare! Olivia squirms so much i'm not sure if the nappy is on properly half the time! :lol:

Haven't moved the cot down yet. She is sitting well but can't get into the sitting position from laying down yet so think we're ok for a bit longer. Everyday i look at my baby and can't believe how fast she is growing! :\( x
  • Options
    Ellie is a bloody nightmare with the nappy changes, I asked my Mum the other day if it was possible to change a nappy while baby is on their tummy & squirming about...apparently the novelty of being able to do this does wear off them after a few months!

She's still at the higher level in her cot because although she can sit up when I sit her up she can't yet pull herself up xx
  • Options
    Yes - I have mastered the art of putting on nappies back to front thanks to my roly poly baby. I don't think I'll be dropped the cot level for a while. My poor 32 year old back wants to avoid the extra bending!
  • Options
    ooooh, I'm lucky I think, Bella pretty much stays in the same place for nappy changes!

On the cot front, I need to move mine down but I have a bad back and cant reach down. Bella is on the middle one at the mo, she thinks its funny to kneel up on her matress and grab the bar and bounce up and down!!! She is into dancing.

xx
  • Options
    I want to steal Bella...she's into dancing, dressing up, pulling faces....hmmmm do I sense an eccentric in the midst lol image xo