Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice on sleeping problems

Hi, I am hoping someone has some advice for me. Zara is 19wks 5 days, and all of a sudden has become fussy and irritable. She is constantly dribbling and jamming things into her mouth and gnawing on them. She is still breastfed, no rice yet so I don't know if she needs more than milk, or if she is teething or what? She was up last 3 nights every 2 hrs. I put her down at 8.30pm she was up at 10.30, 12, 2, etc. I am going crazy. I know we have never really established a set routine, but she had kind of set her own and we do the bath at 7pm thing, then story, cuddles, feed and sleep. She goes to sleep fine just has a problem staying that way.

Any advice welcome

A very tired and frustrated Debsxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Debbie

We have been having similar problems .. maybe you could take a look in the Flaming Teeth thread...

My lo is teething and showing similar signs.. he even had a cold and nappy rash with red cheeks and chews his fingers/ ours and anything that he gets his hands on. I gave calpol to him in the evening which relieved his pain for sometime. But later was suggested for a herbal medicine Ashton n Parsons which I got from tesco's. It did help and I could give it every 3-4 hours to him in 24 hours. As it is herbal it has no side effects.

Hope this helps

hugs
    xx
    Bubbly
  • Options
    Thanks bubbly and Lara,

I will try the Ashton & Parsons I think. It was weird normally when she wakes it's 3 or 4am then 6.30 but just whines a bit, feeds and then straight back to sleep. But recently she is screaming her head off every two hours, no pacifying her at all unless I feed her.

Will try the herbal thingy and hope that this helps, and roll on a wee tooth appearing, I want my nice smiley baby back.

Debsimage
  • Options
    Samuel is 5 1/2 months now and he dribbles all the time so I don't know whether that means he's having pain with her teeth as he doesn't seem that bothered.

Samuel was consistently waking 3 or 4 times a night at 18 weeks so I started weaning him and it improved to twice a night. About 3 weeks later he was on 3 meals a day and in the last week he's finally started sleeping through. I can't believe it as he's always been a big night time waker, so hang in there - hopefully she'll settle soon.

For us I think the food made a big difference although not when he was having tasters in the early days but when he started having regular meals.