Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby is due in Feb 2010

Yeah am pregnant image and am due on Feb 2010. Past couple of weeks have been so so mentally disturbing because of an unplanned baby to be had or not. Hubby is out of work from past 7 months and I haven't started work ever since Nick was born. Situation is tough financially with a new house, the loan, daily expenditures, unaffordable day cares/ child minders and no friends/ relatives to help either. After a lot of tears and decision making we just thought of going with the flow and have the baby. After all a recession can't kill my baby. Two years between the kids would be advantages as well. I can use the existing baby stuff for the new baby. Moreover Nick will have a friend to play with (fingers crossed that they wont fight over petty things)

Its going to be tough for husband who may have to work across the borders to keep the family going on while me looks after a baby and a pint size explorer toddler. The benefits and credits may help a bit.. but for how long image

Hopefully the economy improves and things will get better.

Have lots of excitement to hold a new baby in my hands sooner or later... Honestly feels nice to be pregnant again... but feeling quite exhausted already and sleep like a log in the afternoons. . Spoke to the docs as well who did say that I would be offered a c-section the second time around as my first labour was quite a nightmare. Thanks a lot for your wishes and I'll keep you all lovely ladies updated.

xxx
Bubbly Bubble and Bump

Replies

• Options
    Congrats!!! Hope everything will work out, I'm sure it will.
  • Options
    Congratulations, you have got me all broody now too, although don't know if I am quite brave enough to go for it just yet!

Best wishes for everything working out just perfect for you and your family x
  • Options
    congratulations!!! such exciting news! there are so many pregnant people or people with new babies around at the mo i am getting sooo broody! but OH says no more unless we win the lottery so for now i will just have to cuddle every one elses.

Hope things work out for you, and you have a happy and healthy 9 months. xx

• Options
    Congratulations!
    I'm just reading your post & my heart goes out to you so much. I really, really hope that things work out for you however you sound very positive & are already thinking about how to save money which is all good!
    Fingers crossed things pick up soon xx
  • Options
    congratulations. i know it is really difficult. im in pretty much the same situation and really want number two and want t hem close together but oh is just having none of it until we are at least in a bigger house.
    hope all goes well for you
  • Options
    Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing all your updates! xx
  • Options
    hi

first congrats,
    2nd..things will turn around. Babies need stuff I know that but if you have most of it from nick and dont go mad getting new stuff then you will manage.

D xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations! JJ is now 7 weeks and I managed, and I am now on my own with Alex so I am sure you will! It is hard financially, but like you said, Alex still had clothes, moses basket, pram etc, so I coped alright. image x
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your support and guidance. Dee I had been through your post on baby forum ... and there are some really good tips on saving money during this recession...

xxx
  • Options
    Congrats hun.

We are going to try after Christmas.

Heres to a happy and healthy 9 months to you xx
  • Options
    Congratulations! That's lovely news. I suppose in some respects, there's never a perfect time, so I think your attitude is good to just get on with it.

We're trying for number 2 as well but no news 3 months in. Got my AF on Sun so it's month 4 ahead. Wish me luck! I'm really looking forward to being pg this time.

Take care, Jo x
  • Options
    Hi
    Congratulations hun.
    I can totally understand how youre feeling at the moment. Hopefully things will start looking up for you financially really soon. In some ways it gives you something to focus on for the future.
    Good luck
    maria x