Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Behaviour Problem?

Hello all!
Well Alex will be 1 on the 5th March (hasn't time just flown?!)
Anyway, over the last week or so she has become very, very aggressive. She is always on the go, I live in quite a small flat so I have to watch her like a hawk as due to the set-up of the flat not everything is as child-proofed as I would like. Whenever I tell her no, she screams her head off, or will just completely ignore me so I have to physically remove her from whatever she wants. When I pick her up she immediately tries to scratch me. If she is on my lap and I try to cuddle her she'll punch me in the face, try to scratch me, and on the odd occasion even bite. I try not to take it too personally, as I know it's all developmental, but it's starting to get me really down. When she lashes out I tell her off, and if she's been particularly naughty, I will slap her hand, but when I do this she just looks blankly at me. She is better behaved towards most people, it does seem to be me who gets the worse of it. My OH thinks its because I'm pregnant and she senses that something has changed, but I'm not so sure she has that perception yet. I am starting to think that either I am doing something very seriously wrong in the way I am trying to bring her up, or she has a problem. I wanted to inter-grate her into the local Tumble Tots next month, but I am so scared incase she attacks another child. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

G.x 27+2

Replies

• Options
    How about baby signing? it bridges the gap bewteen talking and helps with communication so that it removes some of the frustration they feel. its definately a good idea to get out to a group with her as if your flats like my house then they don't have much room to spread out. (my house is tiny) i normally just get a cheeky grin when i tell Sam off but most of my friends babies cry when they are told off. if your particularly worried id speak to your hv as they might have some suggestions as well

hope this helps

Chris