Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello everyone! Remember me??

Hi girls,

I'm so sorry I never get a chance to log on any more. I do think about you all lots but have no idea of what's been going on and all the goss I've missed.

Anyway, here's a wee update from me.....

Life is pretty good right now. I'm def more into the toddler age than the baby stage. Samuel is an absolute star with such a funny personality. He started walking at 15 months and is EVERYWHERE now. He's a typical boy - into cars and balls - and totally fearless climbing everywhere. He's SOOOOO cuddly and a real Mummy's boy too.

All is going well with DH although we've been trying for number 2 for 3 months and I got my AF on Sunday so I'm a bit gutted about that. It happened in the first month of trying with Samuel and my 1st pg (which ended in mc) so I'm convinced there's something wrong like I'm not ovulating. I need to stop obsessing but it's hard when I'm desperate for Samuel to have a little bro or sister.

Other things are all good. I've made loads of really good Mum friends in the area so my social life is fab. Back at work Mon - Wed which is a really nice balance although I do miss Samuel loads and find the teary drop at nursery tough. I'm glad I've got work though as I don't think I'm cut out for full-time motherhood. Had our first family hol to Greece last month which was lovely too!

Came off my ADs for the PND a few months ago and I feel fine now. Have my moments, we all do I suppose, but Samuel is a great little sleeper and I'm sure a big part of my problem last year stemmed from total exhaustion.

Anyway... that's my news . Hope some of you will share you baby dust with me this month!

How are all the old gang doing??

Much love,

Jo x x x

Replies

• Options
    Hi! Glad to hear you're doing well! We will be joining you ttc no 2 in 1 months time! Hope you get your BFP soon, baby dust to you!

Lucas still isnt walking but I don't know why coz hes so good on his feet! Just no confidence, can walk if he thinks you are holding onto him!!! He loves cars and balls too! Loves pushing cars right along the floor...infact he will push anything along the floor! His fav right now is a computer mouse! lol!!!
  • Options
    Hi Jo
    It's great to hear from you and that Samuel is doing really well. where does the time go!
    well, Elise is also coming along, although she's still 3 months behind in her development. Mind you, I think she's already hit the terrible twos as she can throw a good paddy. in fact she's good at throwing most things lol.
    After her traumatic birth, I was determined not to get pregnant again. However, I had sex once in 2 months and you can guess what happened. To say i was extremely upset is an understatement. After talking with the doc and MW it was decided that i have a termination, but in the end i couldnt do it. The doc at the clinic said i was over 12 weeks and I knew i couldnt do it.
    So here i am at 18 + 2 weeks and wondering how far i will get this time. i am so scared of even walking into the labour ward, but this time i know I will be having a C section.
    Anyway, glad to hear from you again and sending you some baby dust.

Maria xx
  • Options
    hiya good to hear from you again!!!
    freya is a maddam! she has well and truley hit toddler hood tantrums and all!! she has baan walking for nearly 6 months and can now run soo fast!! she also climbs every thing, but is soo funny and cute.
    We wont be joining you ttc any time soon we are happy with the 2 we have for now but you never know in the future maybe things will change. sending you lots of baby dust!! x
  • Options
    hey...lovely to hear from you. I do sometimes do a stalker mission on FB and check out pics etc..... lol

Wow...TTC number 2... I am sure it will be soon. 3 months is not that long really! I know it must feel it to you! I hope to hear happy news soon.

d xxx
  • Options
    hey Jo!! Nice to see you back!!

So glad things are sounding great for you aswell!!

ooo onto number 2! im half jealous. might join you in trying soon!!

Mia is doing fab. she is a little monster...but doing fab! My only worry with her is she hardly eats anything and so is not really gaining weight anymore...and she is that active that she must be burning double the amount of energy she is eating. ah well....maybe she is a fussy eater like her daddy!

• Options
    Hi again girls! It's SO lovely to hear from you all. Can't believe how quickly our little ones have grown. I'm with you all on agreeing that the terrible twos definitely arrive early. Samuel is such a munchkin and very mischevious.

We've sent Samuel to his grandparents for 3 nights as I've fallen ill with the lurgi! I'm on antibiotics for a chest infection and I've got a stinking head cold to boot. It really sucks. I've felt so ill that it's left me feeling quite low tonight actually. Really hate it when Samuel goes away as well as te house feels so empty. The break is nice at the same time though and I am grateful we can get help like this when we need it.

Chat soon,

Jo x
  • Options
    hi Jo
    poor you!
    really hope you feel better soon hun.
    i'm sure samuel is having a whale of a time over there.
    Take care

Maria x
  • Options
    Hey Jo, nice to hear from you and glad all is well, I am the same as you and I'm def more into the toddler age than the baby stage! Lexi is just so much fun just now and I love it! Not even thinking about another quite yet, not quite brave enough.

Good luck TTC hope to see you BFP soon x