Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

7 to 8 months...how are our babies doing???

Hi
just had Amelia weighed as she not well so a trip to doctor was in order.

Here are her latest details as at 7 and half months

Weight.....14lbs 1oz
Height......64cm
HC............43cm

clothes. mostly still 3 to 6 though slowly getting into some of the 6 to 9 months.

what she is doing..... teething!!!! sitting up unaided, rolling over and over, crawling on tummy commando style, gabbling away and saying da da, ba ba and mmmmaammmmaaa!!!! laughing, giggling and just been so cute!
She was not strapped in pushchair the other day and she grabbed bar at the front and almost stood up thus almost tippling out!!!! Warning for us all. she is also crying when she cant get what she wants or i take something off her. She arches her back and screams in temper!! its short lived though. She knows when a toy had gone and looks for it rather than just forgetting about it once out of sight. She can wave but its just copying us she cannot wave on demand! She clever but not that clever LOL. though I am tired and rough as hell she is still the love that lights up my day like all my children do!!!

d xxx

Replies

• Options
    Miss Ellie is just over 6months & is 14lb 11oz.

She is sitting up unaided & rolls from back to tummy & back again! She is making attempts at crawling but nothing amazing! Her top teeth seems to be coming through there's a very prominent bump in her gums but it hasn't cut through yet. She'll scream when I leave the room even if she can still see me which is ridiculous as it is so obviously attention seeking because she stops when I put my foot back in the door!!!
    When she cries she makes a mmmmmaaaaammmmmmaaaaaaa sound but doesn't do it any other time!

All in all I am very proud of her & yes she can be a nightmare & I feel like tearing my hair out on occassion, she too is the light of my life & I adore her! xx
  • Options
    ha ha!! Not soppy....just a mum who understands!!!!!

Youdoing well with finger food and only one bottle. Amelia still having most her food from me!!! She wont have bottle and will only eat Hipp Organic Baby Rice with mushed banana. I have this awful fear of them choking (think becaue a friend lost a 18 month who choked on half a cherry tomoto and died a few days later). I need to be braver though and let her have some toast etc... you would think after 5 I would be relaxed but I am not at all!!!

Amelia's weight seems very light for her age but she was 5 weeks early so age adjusted she will have just turned 6 months!

d xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies

forgot an important bit of info....STILL NOT SLEEPING THROUGH..AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She too cries when she cant see me... seperation anxiety I think they call it.

Lauren..you are doing an amazing job and you should be dead proud of you and your little girl. Sounds like she is a happy healthy little girl.

lara..poor chloe. Still having a rough time with milk etc... hope its something she grows out of so she can enjoy normal food.

Suzanne..cant wait for amelia to have our food. Made spag bol tonight and have liquidised some up for her but doubt she will eat it...ah well, will have a go.

d xx
  • Options
    Lucas is doing really well!!!

Weight: 19lbs 8oz
    Lenght: 70cm
    Head Circ: 45cm

He's on the 75th for everything so a big boy but in proportion. Was on the 75th for everything when he was born too so he is just perfect!

He's rolling over and back but mostly chooses not to. No signs of crawling whatsoever but neither his mummy or daddy crawled conventionally. Can sit unaided but flings himself back or to the side so he can get on his back or belly.

Just starting him on a 3rd meal a day coz he has never been interested at tea time until now.

He knows when things are gone now and looks for them and cries when you leave or take a toy away. Object perminance isnt supposed to be in place til they are 9 months so it looks like Lucas is starting early!!!

He's such a good baby Ireally am spoiled.
  • Options
    Olivia is now coming up 7 1/2 months and last week weighed 15lb 10oz and is 68cm long.

She has one bottom tooth but is def still teething. She says 'dada' and babbles away most of the day. She is on 3 meals per day and loves her food! Only turned her nose up at brocolli so far! She started finger foods this week too. She can sit unaided for a while but mostly chooses not to. She'd rather be on her belly or her back and gets around by rolling. She is gradually gaining strength to get up on her knees but still a while off i think. She really concentrates on toys and inspects them and looks & cries for them if her sister takes them away. I think she will be a thinker! She also cries if we leave the room. She is sleeping through but for the last two months has had a nasty cough which she can't shake off. Two visits to the GP say it isn't a chest infection so know i'm wondering if it could be asthma? Can they get it so young? Also gave up breastfeeding this week which was a lot harder than i thought it would be but i'm so pleased i managed to get to 7 1/2 months.

She is an absolute darling & a true pleasure x
  • Options
    Mia was 7 months on saturday.
    weighing in at roughly 17lbs although not had her weighed for a while (she gets on the scales with daddy lol)
    length - 71cm.

loves her food and is on 3meals a day with pudding after 2 of them.
    has started finger food but really isnt that interested in it.

She is rolling all over the place and trying her best to crawl but copllapses after one move. She can get herself up into a sitting position from laying down.

loves in the night garden and teletubbies.

babbles away but isnt saying anything recognisable at the moment.
    smiles her head off when daddy come in from work.

sleeps through the majority of the nights, if she does wake a dummy settles her quickly.

has a slight strop when she has things removed from her hands.
    enjoys the simple things like empty envelopes rather than the nice expensive toys we have bought her lol...lesson learnt!!

x

• Options
    Duh Ive just done a post on Aimees movement before I realised this was here!!!

Aimees 7 months on the 21st and weighs about 17lb. HV told me to only go once a month now coz her gorwth has always been fine.

Shes on 3 meals, though dinner is only half a stage 1 jar so not very big meals. 2 fronth teeth now at bottom.

Wont stay on her back for more than 3 seconds just flips over to belly!!

No babbling at all though yet she just screams and blows raspberries all the time? Is this normal? Everyones seem to be babbling by this age!!! xx
  • Options
    Ruby was 7 months on the 6th.

She's in 9-12 months clothes now but still get away with 6-9 in tops?!?!

She has 2 bottom teeth which are sooo cute!

She's been sitting unaided for about 2 months now and started crawling last month. She's so fast now. I put her in front of the tv while I went to the loo, and when I opened the door there she was sitting outside the door!!! She's pulling herself up onto everything, sofa, TV unit, stairs, so yesterday I Ruby-proofed everything! We've got stair gates coming today too!

It's so cute that she crawls now but bloody hard work. I can't seem to do anything without her following me!! We bought a play pen which I never liked before but have no choice as i'm so worried she'll hurt herself
    while i'm out the room cooking etc. She pulled the printer lead out and was sucking the end of it yesterday!! I've never felt so sick in my life, that could have been nasty!

She stands up in her cot now which nearly gave me a heart attack as she could have fallen out. So now i've put it on the lowest height setting!!

She weighs 22lb now and lovely and chunky!

She's a nightmare at night, now waking every hour.

Here she is.........

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v343/106/47/777018974/n777018974_1345932_9905.jpg

• Options
    She is the cutest thing. She looks so much older. I think its cos she has hair.....
    warning*********** my daughter Lauren (nearly 18) walked at 10 months!!!! I have been running after her ever since!!!!! *****************

d xxxx

here is amelia....

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh297/denisestor/DSC01536-1.jpg?t=1223982396

[Modified by: dee dee on October 14, 2008 12:07 PM]

• Options
    Oh my god!!! Ruby looks so grown up! Amy I can remeber when you were February Baby & you were overdue worrying about how long it was going to go on for etc. & now look at her she's adorable!

I walked at 9months & was talking- apparently I didn't do baby talk at 9 months too which I will freak if Ellie does it's too scary to contemplate!

DeeDee, Amelia is gorgeous her eyes are SO blue! Is she standing in that pic? xx
  • Options
    I give you...Lucas Pukas!

http://file041a.bebo.com/1/large/2008/10/01/17/1270093743a9030159855l.jpg

• Options
    ooohhhh knit wear...how gorgeous is that??? love knitted stuff.

Lauren... no she is sitting. we had just got out of pool and she is in her cutey bath towel. She loves straws so I gave her that while \I was sorting out the 2 boys.
    d x
  • Options
    freya is 7 months today! she has been sitting unaided for 6 weeks, she is a lazy little madam and doesnt roll yet. she absolutely hates being on her tummy so im not suprised. when she is sitting she leans over so far that she almost goes into crawling postion, so maybe she will do it that way. she can also pull herself up to standing and is very steady on her feet. she is babbling mama, dada. gaga ect, and constantly blows raspberries. she is on 3 meals a day and is still bf, oh and is nowhere near sleping through the little monkey!!! x

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/flickaty22/026.jpg?t=1224154703

• Options
    I want to eat Lucas & his chubby cheeks go on Nic send him over here! The knitwear is adorable, Ellie trails her hats off & throws them at me as soon as they are on & I love them so much especially ones with pompoms!
  • Options
    Sam is 7 1/2 months the same as Amelia lol. he sits and stands (with support) he rolls around the room but cant quite crawl yet but he has only been out of his harness a couple of weeks. he has some great sounds and does both raspberries and brummm noises. he loves playing with wheels on his toys.
    he has 3 meals a day but is still having breast milk too he loves finger foods especially cheese. he did however manage to steal my icecream the other day and here is a pic.
    i forgot to say he is about 24lbs not sure as he hasnt been weighed for about a month. he is a massive 77cm only need to get to 90 and he can go on the rides at alton towers lol

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v349/197/108/716768588/n716768588_999055_5728.jpg

[Modified by: Ricechristy on October 16, 2008 05:07 PM]

• Options
    I always feel like I am a month behind in these posts as Isabelle was not born until the 1st April.
    Isabelle was weighed on tuesday at 28 weeks (6 1/2 months) and she weighed 16 lb 10oz. The last time she was measured she was 67cm. Isabelle is long and skinny. For her age she is below average on her weight and above average on her height, bless her.
    Isabelle is doing really well. She tends to sleep through the night going down at about 6pm and waking about 7am.
    She is on 3 meals a day now having either weetabix or porridge for breakfast, a jar or my pureed/mashed food for lunch/dinner followed by fruit or a fromage frais.
    We have also started giving her finger foods. She will eat a slice of toast or a little dairylea sandwich if cut into small pieces.and given to her.
    Isabelle over the last few days can now sit totally unaided for several minutes at a time, she is very good at commando style crawling from one room to the other.
    Isabelle is very chatty and inquisitive. Isabelle cut her fist bottom tooth at 6 months and has another one on its way.
    http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v356/77/85/567024483/n567024483_796300_8369.jpg

• Options
    hi ickleun...sounds like you have an active little man!!!!! 4 teeth too!!! Wow.

Amelia is 8 months in 4 days. She is just a tot though. 4 teeth are there but not through yet. she is getting into crawling position then she rocks but does not move. Glad as getting stair gates made (we have stupid wide staircases) and scared she may crawl before they are ready!

She still fussy littl madam with food. Grrrrrrr............ she was 5 weeks early so think that comes into play.

d xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

Apologies again that I'm so rubbish at logging on these days. It's been lovely reading all your news.

Samuel is 7 1/2 months now and is a really adorable, lively, chatty, busy baby. His first tooth came through on his 7 month birthday. No more yet.

I've had to learn how to change a nappy on his front as he rolls and squirms like crazy all the time now.

He says Mama!! Also other babbles but no Dada yet.

He has the cutest, most infectious belly laugh I've ever heard.

The only downside is SLEEP!! He flips on his front in bed and can't roll back in his sleeping bag so wakes up a couple of times a night crying to be turned back. His teeth were troubling him until recently too.

I'm still breastfeeding but gave him a bottle of night milk drink tonight for the first time in a desperate bid to try anything to make him sleep through. I don't think this will make much difference as it's not hunger that wakes him. Can't have it all I guess.

I can't do piccies on here but there are some on my Facebook if any of you are friends with me x
  • Options
    Here's a recent piccie of Samuel which I think anyone can view. I still can't upload photos on this site. :roll:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1515571&l=d622d&id=589733614
  • Options
    Ho, just had a peek at the piccy of Samuel- he is a stunner!
    Lock up your daughters with all these gorgeous little boys about! xx