Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are us mums doing????

After reading Jo's post about feeling a bit down and Lisa's I thought I would start a thread.

I actually feeling OK. I am tired, oh so tired and a bit fed up of BF. I love it and will be so so sad when I feed her for the last time. My eyes are filling up just thinking about it. However, I just feel the need to get ME back.

I have lost weight slowly but need to shift a good 2 stone if not more. I am going to hit the gym and start jogging again once I stop BF ( my boobs are so tender i dont think i could run!!!)

My hair, skin, nails are all looking a bit sad for themselves. Think its because i am BF all the good mnutreints go into my milk...

My section scar is still a bit sore and tender but not as numb around the area.

I think if I get her going through the night, stop BF and lose some weight then I will feel sooo much better

How you all doing

d xxx

Replies

• Options
    well im glad to say im ok.....im over my fear of bleeding to death!!! i know at the time people said i will forget....and i would say it took until mia was about 7 months but i noticed the other day that i wasnt worried about it all anymore ....phew!!

I too am tired!!! i feel guilty some nights as OH gets up to see to Mia if she wakes. I can hear her i just physically cant lift myself from the bed!! When i do go to bed i find it sooo hard to get to sleep and switch off! I am currently in the middle of trying to get all washing and drying done ..... i empty the basket and then it is full again....Dee - i dread to think what its like in your house!!

My back is in bits....i think this is the worst for thing that i have to deal with...it constantly aches!!

My weight isnt too bad...i do still need to shift about 9lbs but have just invested in one of those small trampolines and have been having great fun this week on it....its better than running for you and you can lose upto 420 calories in an hour!!!!

I have never had nails and so they remain in the same unattractive state that they have always been...

I feel like my eyes could do with a bit of a lift....when i look in the mirror all i see is dark circles lol.

Apart from all that ladies im ok.....i guess its all part and parcel of mummyhood! Looking forward to xmas and getting to see my family!!!!!
    xx
  • Options
    I've just replied to this but my laptop froze so if this comes up twice then i apologise.

My hair is in a real sorry state & i could still do with losing another stone. It's so hard - i like biscuits with my cuppa too much! Never had nice nails :\(

New year's resolution will be to lose that final stone, take a pride in my appearance and not feel bad about spending money on myself instead of the kids for having things like my hair done once in a while! :lol:

Dreading going back to work in Jan. V political office - bit like 'baby' at the mo. I was traumatised after Abigail's birth and suffered with anxiety and 'dark days' afterwards. This was made worse on my return to work, i used to sit on a bench in the middle of the High St on my lunch hour in tears. I hated that feeling & was terrified those feelings would return after having Olivia. HOwever things couldn't have been more different & this time i've felt amazing. Just hope going back to work doesn't trigger it again.

We've already booked our next years hol to the Red Sea (First Choice Holiday Village) so i'm working towards that. Can't believe where this year has gone! Feels like no time ago that i was planning my maternity leave and going for my 4D scan!

My section scar doesn't feel too bad. Still a bit numb but kind of feels normal after 4 years. They cut out the old scar when having Olivia but luckily it healed very well and quickly.

Apart from that i feel great. I could really do with a boob job though! If i didn't want more kids i'd seriously consider it!!! image xx

[Modified by: clairep1 on November 23, 2008 07:18 PM]

• Options
    Thanks for starting this post Dee. I salute you. Your intuition is very sharp.

Before I start - well done Lara and Del on shifting the pounds. You've done really well. Claire - really sorry to read about your job and anxiety after Abigail. I hope things are better this time around. Dee - I totally empathise with your mixed emotions about giving up bf-ing. Esp as this is your last bubba. I've loved it too.

Well, as for me, I'm not feeling that great at the mo. Been chatting to my hubby tonight and we're going to go to the doc tomorrow as I'm worried it might be a mild case of PND, or maybe SAD as I'm never my best in the winter.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I don't think I'm enjoying motherhood as much as I should be. I still get pleasure out of my angel it but I feel like I'm going through the motions a lot. Sometimes I just can't be bothered with it all, although I keep going because I just have to.

I feel very impatient when he cries and fusses. I'm getting anxious about certain things - I'm worried he's not drinking enough fluids and worried that I've stopped making enough milk (although I think rightly so if you read my post on the breastfeeding chat). I can't stand it when I don't know why he's crying.

I'm also getting a bit obsessed by housework. My house is always fairly clean and tidy but never immaculate, and I'm getting really frustrated that I never do all the chores that I have on my mental list.

I did find the early months tough with the endless bf-ing and colic, but I got past that stage although I think the exhaustion really took it out of me and I'm still suffering. Then I got shingles 2 months ago and now this bloody awful tummy bug yesterday which reminded me of severe alcohol poisoning (those were the days :lol: ).

On the plus side, my Mum has taken Samuel for the night so I'm going to bed now for a good sleep (hopefully!).

And while my head isn't its best, physically I'm really pleased - shiny hair, strong nails and I'm happy with my weight. Don't know how long that will last as I was eating so much sugary food before getting struck down with the tummy bug. Anything to ease the tiredness!

I'll let you all know how it goes at the docs.

Jo x

P.S. Yes I do remember those first texts Dee and the elation of the early days! Awwww..... I was so chuffed you had your little girl after 3 boys in a row. Although I had a long and pukey labour, I had a pretty good birth and I'll never forget the magic of when my beautiful son was handed to me. It was the most perfect moment of my life. The best feeling ever. I can't imagine the next birth topping it. See - I can't feel that miserable. I still want more! image
  • Options
    Lara, well done for losing so much weight..thats great!
    Del and claire..well done too.

Jo.... i think you may be suffering from a little PND> I became obsessed with housework when i suffered from it. I think you set yourself up on too high pedastal... just take a day at a time and I a sure you will come out the other end. When I get anxious about jobs to be done (which is often) I write it down and tick it off when done. My OH thinks I am anal but it makes me feel better. Also, its good to see those jobs gettin ticked. Makes me feel likeI have done something with my day.

Hope you get some help today..let u all know!!!
  • Options
    Yes Lara - well done with your weight loss! x

Jo - i agree with Dee. I think you may have a touch of PND too. You sound exactly like i did after i had Abigail.

I used to make sure my house was immaculate including my baby. Looking back i think i was worrying about it looking like i couldn't cope to others. I used to really struggle to get up in the mornings (i'm still not a great morning person mind). I'd do anything for 5 more mins in the morning even though she slept from 7pm till about 8am. Sleep was my escape. I felt numb like all the lights were on but nobody was home. I didn't go to my GP until Abigail was nearly 2(!) because i refused to admit i had a problem so well done you. I regret that now because i needn't have felt like i did for so long. I was offered anti-depressants but i refused them as we were already thinking about the next baby and i'd have to have been on them for at least 6 months. I took up counselling though and found that really helped. I had alot of issues/anxieties from Abigail's birth and just really needed to talk through them. Mine was more anxiety based and triggered by guilt. I couldn't deliver my baby, i was asleep for her first hour, i couldn't feed her as long as i'd wanted, i could get up for work but struggled for her, i had to go to work, the list is endless.

It's only through having Olivia that i realise how wrong things were the first time. I was never majorly depressed so i questioned whether i had it at all.

I really hope you get some support from your GP and sorry for my mumble jumble post! Let us know how you get on xxx
  • Options
    Hi everyone haven't been on for a little while as have had no laptop image i missed BE and March forum especially.

I am feeling soo tired what with going back to work and the ward is just sooo busy and i feel pre -occupied a lot of the time not necessarily about Erin but i'll be doing something but i won't be able to focus properly because i'll be thinking of all the other things i have to do whether it be at work or at home.....although saying that i am so much more like Mary again since i returned to work i really take my hat off to those that can be full time mums i love being mummy Mary its the best job i ever had but i also love being nurse Mary cos its about what i like doing...If that makes sense, i'll stop waffling (u can tell i haven't been on here in a while, can't shut me up!!)

My Nails are the same as Del and Lara, i've never had any but i must say my 25 year old hands look like they are 50 year old hands but think thats cos of all the washing of hands and alcohol gel at work.

My hair is still coming out in clumps every day image although i'm not bald so must be growing as well!!

Well done to everyone who has lost the pounds i too have stuck to slimming world i don't always stick to it religously but never miss a week even if it has been a bad one. Before i had Erin i was a size 18 and now i'm a 14 !! yey i have size 14 jeans woohoo.....it really made my day putting those on in dotty p's!!

I too am looking foward to xmas even though i am on an early i'm still looking forward to making the patient's day special too, and i should be home by 3 ish so still get to have xmas dinner but skip all the preperation but eat all the yummy food and have sympathy for working.......teehe..........did i say that out loud :lol:
  • Options
    Im plodding along. Haha. Due to change to working 3 days a week in Jan so I think I will feel a lot better then.

I m slowly putting on weight, I blame the cold weather!!!
    When we did the weigh ins I went to 9st 13oz but now 10lb 6oz. Need to start exercising but realy cant be botherd.
    For some reason my hair wont straighten anymore even with straightners, but probably coz i dont have time, haha. So its always up.

Apart from this, and my moany post, i love being a Mummy!!!!