Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bella has a skanky eye!!

Hiya!

Oh dear, woke up in the night and this morning and Bella's left eye was glued shut with skanky yellow stuff!!!!! yak! Rang heatlh visitor because it is obviously infected and she just told me to bath it every hour and theres probably no need for eye drops. She is only 6weeks old and she keeps going to rub them, she also rubs them on my jumper when she is laid on me! Annoying because it looks like she has managed to spread it to the other eye!!! She just seems to want to sleep aswell, do you think it has made her feel poorly? Do you think I can catch it?
Anyone elses babies had this?
Lucy and Bella

Replies

• Options
    Aww poor bella. Hope shes better soon. I have no idea about eye infections but if you're worried maybe you should take her to the doctors.
  • Options
    Amelia was born with a gooey eye. She has had eye drops, creams etc etc... she is 8 weeks now and its still all gooey. I bathe in 4 times a day in cooled boiled water and then some breast milk. It is getting better slowly.

I would not worry too much about it but make sure you use boiled cooled water and clean cott wool. Dont be tempted to wipe with your finger etc.... if it does not clear I would take to docs after the weekend

d x
  • Options
    Poppy has had a gooey eye since birth and I have been advised to use breast milk as well. It was swabbed in the hospital but no infection - likely to be a blocked tear duct apparently!

Lisa
  • Options
    yes, i was told to massage around tear duct and genty squeeze it.

d x