Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

baby due tomorrow and fed up...

Well I am now 39+6, and still undoubtedly pregnant!
Been having more intense braxtons, period pains, backache, pelvic pressure and lost my plug ages ago, but he doesn't want to come out. I've had a sweep, which just made me bleed and cramp, tried clary sage, spicy food, walking, Raspberry Leaf Tea and I am now even contemplating castor oil! I was induced with Alex at 38+5, so this wait really is killing me!

Any helpful hints, ladies?

G.x

Replies

• Options
    All the very best.. keep us updated

xxx
  • Options
    i went into labour after going to the dentist and it was only a check up so may be worth a try lol ytou have to have sex alot for it to work as semen softens the cervix but you have to have alot
  • Options
    Sex is out of the question unfortunately, as my OH is out of the country. I could try and get an appointment with the dentist but I think that the baby would be well and truly here before I actually got an appointment... Joys of the NHS. I've been hoovering, scrubbing, shopping... All to no avail. I think that I just have to face facts - he'll come when he's good and ready!

G.x
    40 weeks
  • Options
    So will hubby miss the birth?

It's Nicx by the way.
  • Options
    No tips but all the very best of luck & I look forward to hearing about your new arrival when he puts in an appearance! xx
  • Options
    Yeah OH will miss the birth image I'm a bit gutted about the whole situation to be honest - he's missed practically the whole pregnancy, tho granted through no fault of his own. It's been tough to manage Alex and carry around a good 8lb baby, but hopefully not for too much longer..

G.x
    40+2
  • Options
    oh poor you... hope he makes an appearance soon and your OH gets to see you all

d xxx