Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Getting married, hot country, excess babyweight!

Okay I am off to South America (Bolivia and Brazil) on August 8th. The temperatures are still around the 30 degree mark, even tho it's winter. I'm getting married on August 17th, but have still not decided what I am going to buy to wear.. Both myself and OH decided that it was not appropriate to wear a white dress - But I don't know what else is suitable. I am also still VERY much on the large side (been diagnosed with underactive thyroid since having Alex) I would look like a whale in a sausage skin if I was to wear anything tight - any ideas? :\?

Replies

• Options
    there is this site which sells period or fantasy wedding dresses some are a bit strange but there are some really pretty ones so im sure you could find one that would suit. are you still looking to wear a dress?
    http://www.rossetti.vispa.com/

theres this as well
    http://www.simplybe.co.uk/productcache/DAL/productwindow/11124570-primary-1-sz_asc.html.gz

[Modified by: Ricechristy on July 25, 2008 07:05 PM]

• Options
    I had a beach wedding in Antigua last July and got a floaty dress from the bridal section in Monsoon, they have some really nice dresses there and lots of them aren't white/cream.
  • Options
    Well OH is from South America, hence the reason for the exotic location. We've decided to have our 'honeymoon' first in Rio as that makes more sense - as our flights are via Brazil anyway.
    The reason I have opted out of wearing a dress is that there's no way that I would feel comfortable wearing one. I have never been comfortable in dresses. I'm not butch! Just always paranoid that I look ridiculous. I've heard about Monsoon having some nice things. I did look in H&M for a nice feminine suit, but alas the sizes seemed to stop at a 14!
  • Options
    hmmmmm.......... know where you are coming from. I only a guest at a wedding and i have agonised over what to wear.
    i am size 16 and look silly in dresses too. What about nice linen wide leg trousers in cream and long linen jacket with nice loose top under?? My sister said Marks and Spencers had some nice ones in. think per una?

I got married in St Lucia but was a teeny weeny size 8 back then and wore a full frock at TBH it wasnt that bad in the heat. We married at 2pm on the beach and it was fine.

Good Luck
    d xx