Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hayfever or allergic?

Hey

Wonder if you can help?

I've always thought that Bella has hayfever, she has always had waterery eyes and she's had a snotty nose. But today made me think! I was at my friends house and her cat came to say hello to bella and put his nose near her face, within minutes her eyes were streaming. Also took her to chester zoo the other day, which was ace by the way, and her eyes were really bad and her nose was running loads, I thought it was the hay and grass they feed the animals but thinking about it maybe it was the animal hair?
We have a cat at home so would explain why she's always had a runny eye! What do you think? Hayfever or allergic? Would she get a rash if she was allergic coz she hasn't had one?

Thanks!!
Lucy and Bella
x

[Modified by: lucy82 on 29 July 2008 20:44:02 ]

Replies

• Options
    Best asking the doctor about it but it sounds possible it might be the cat! That would be awful sad if it was image I wouldn't like to give simba away but I'd do it if it was making Lucas ill.

In one way it would be better if it was animal hair because you can aviod that whereas if you have hayfever there isn't much you can do!

Hope bella is ok xxx
  • Options
    Oh no you've got me thinking now! Olivia has always got watery eyes and her sticky eye has come back this week and we have cats! I'd be devasted if we had to re-home them :\( Please keep me posted how you get on at the docs if you go x
  • Options
    Just spoke to hv and she said it sounds like she's allergic to the cat or animal hair. Don't know what to do now as we have a cat, my mum has 2 and pil have a boxer dog! Will have to banish misty to the kitchen, he doesn't go upstairs anyway so wont be too hard to keep him away. Hv said make an appt at gp and he will prescribe some piriton. Mite go and buy one of those pet hoovers now!
    Claire - if you think its the cat take her to gp, you mite be able to avoid rehoming them!
    Poor Bella!
    Lucy
  • Options
    oh no, it makes you wonder how they get these allergies! what a shame she wont be able to go near the cat, but hopefully she will grow out of it as she gets older.
    piriton is graet stuff
    hope baby bella feels better soon
    love vikki xxx
  • Options
    Oh no :\( I thought BF was supposed to prevent all these sorts of things! Perhaps i could shave the cats image Not really - i wouldn't actually do that! :lol: My cats don't go upstairs either so fingers crossed we can get round this without evicting my feline friends! image

Olivia has her next set of jabs next week so i will mention it then. Thank you for letting us know & hope Bella starts to feel a lot more comfortable soon xxx