Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2nd Pregnancy is a bummer!!!!

As the title says, i just need a moan really!!
Im nearly 7 weeks now and absolutely exhausted.
I cannot believe everyday since aimee was born I have wanted another! I have always said I wanted 3 but its gone out of the window now this is definately my last!!!
I feel sick constantly, can only eat complete crap, therefore am putting on so so much weight. Im also really bloated compared to last time! This pregnancy is nothing like with Aimee!
I dont think it helps that were not telling everyone for another 2 weeks til all the family are together, so I feel like everyone is just wondering why im so fat!!
I have a terrible taste in my mouth 24 hours a day.
Im sat here now pigging out on chewits, as it takes the taste out of my month for a few minutes a time!
Does anyone know if those sickness bands you can buy in boots work? Or any other tips??
To make matters worse, I have 2 hour driving lessons twice a week on my days off and my test is in 2 weeks, i really dont know how im going to cope!! Arrrgh!!

Thank you for listening!!!! xx

Replies

• Options
    aw no poor you, early pregnancy is not the best thing ever is it? and a million times worse with another lo in tow! dont worry huin the worst should be over soon, you just have to keep thinking of the end result. xx
  • Options
    My early pregnancy was worse this time too but good news is that from 16 weeks I've actually had it easier than first time round! Hopefully it will get better for you too. I had my driving test at 12 weeks last time but I passed so hopefully you will too fingers crossed xxx
  • Options
    Remember it only too well! Try not to worry, it won't last forever and it's sooooooo worth it in the long run. I remember only too well changing Joe's manky nappies whilst heaving into a bucket when pg with Evie. Lots of DVD days and snuggles when you're feeling really bad. The junk food cravings will go away soon enough.
    Take care.
    Xx
  • Options
    (((Hugs))))

I have never tried the bands. I used to go to bed as the kids did at about 7 and found it helped.

I found afternoons the worst as the kids were playing up and I was shattered. I would get them to bed and then climb into bed myself. I got as much done in the morning as I could as I felt OK then.

The horrible taste does go but its grim. Its a mixture of a blood taste and the taste I would imagine getting if a sucked a 2p???

d xxx
  • Options
    Oh Sarah not what I wanted to read, we have decided to go for it again, were on our first month of trying! Congratulations though and take care hope to be joinig you soon Xx

Oh and it's LittleMissLexi - name change just to confuse you all.
  • Options
    Go girl! You can't beat a good pregnancy whinge Sarah!

You really do have my EVERY sympathy as I've found this pg tougher. I think most people do as you don't get the rest running around aftre a toddler. 9 weeks was the worst for me. I remember staggering to the chip shop with Samuel for lunch one day and felt determined not to feel guilty as Samuel ploughed into battered sausage and chips with me back home! He thought it was great!!

I started feeling less tired and sick at 14/15 weeks as well and the second trimester was a breeze. Fingers crossed you pick up soon. Unforunately, I've been feeling rough again since 28 weeks with aching joints, bad back, tiredness, breathlessness, heartburn, insomnia..... the list goes on. All of this ran me down so much that I now have bronchitus and I'm on antibiotics. Flipping marvellous.

One ray of sunshine for you is that you won't have to lump around a big heavy bump in this boiling hot weather! I just can't cool down some days. I think an early spring baby is perfect on that front. Roll on early Sept for me! x