Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning

Luke is only 13 weeks old but all last week he was taking 7oz and still hungry so i gave him an extra oz and he was still crying for more so last night. i had enough and got a rusk and gave him half mixed down with 2oz of his milk and he slept from10pm til 10am so i gave it tonight aswells so fingers crossed, he sleeps all night aswell. My hv told me not to feed him til at least 20 weeks but he has been on hungry baby milk since 5weeks old. He seems content. HAs anyone else tried this?? I dont think i will tell my hv.

Replies

• Options
    That sounds ok as long as the rusk is gluten free. If not, maybe try babyrice?
  • Options
    I'll give the baby rice a go tonight then. Thanks
  • Options
    Gem - I agree that this is a difficult one... Phoebe is 13 weeks today (3mths tomorrow) she sits and watches very very carefully when we eat and has always sucked on her fist.... she is trying to cut a feed out in the day which means she will only be on 3 bottles a day and takes between 5 and 7 ounzes, although on one occassion she has taken 8 but was sick afterwards... i have phoned HV and she has said not to ween her before she is 5 months old but I dont think thats right if they are hungry... i weened both my other 2 at 3 months infact my youngest was 2 1/2 months, but my last days of weening was nearly seven years ago and my god how things have changed... I honeslt dont know what to do... how much does your lo weigh as some peeps use that as a guideline....
    x x x
  • Options
    Luke was 16lbs 4oz last wednesday so i know he can definately handle it.lol
  • Options
    Oh big boy! Go for it!
  • Options
    Yeah he is big but the hv told me he was a little under weight for his height he is off the centile rate for his height and at 75th for weight lol. I think ive got a basketbal player for a son.image
  • Options
    I was thinking of starting Lucas on baby rice too, he was 15lb 11oz last Monday & is 14 weeks, and is having 7oz every 4 hours... do you just add it to the formula and feed as usual or do you do it separately from normal feeds?
  • Options
    hmm, good point... Lucas doesn't watch us eat (I don't tend to eat during the day and he's in bed when we have dinner!), and we wake him at 11.30pm to give him a feed each night, he then sleeps 'til 6 or 7am, maybe I should wait 'til he's 17 weeks? He does drain his 7oz bottle each time