Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My Father passed away... :(

Don't know if that's the right word to use ... here in India we would say passed away... he died would be a rude word otherwise but ....

wanted to share this news with you all and am so sad and in tears at the moment. He was 58 years old ... too young to leave us like this... but diabetes is a slow killer.. he was fighting with it for a long time... in spite of his struggle with his body for past 10-15 years he had been a great father encouraging us through our academics, finding our life partner to the hard long labour I had with my first one. He was soo soo happy to hear my second baby's news and said that he truly felt like a grandfather now and hence forth said that he wouldn't be colouring his grey hair.

Papa I love you so much.... You were like an iron shield for me, my sister and mummy protecting us from all the troubles of this world... not until today did we realise what it was to be in your place, now since we are facing those troubles that you did.. we miss you even more... please get us out of this as soon as possible...

Am in India from aug 21st and things dont go as smooth as they would in UK. My father had a partnership business .. so immediately after his death there were money lenders, suppliers, buyers raiding our house for their so called condolences and money.. paying them back is not difficult but the legal hassles to transfer the properties on our names and business separation is a headache in spite of the will he made. This process takes months is what the lawyer says. Will have to leave in this situation for a long time. He always said court visits and continuous hospital visits are the most nerve wrecking activities in a persons life.. so avoid them as much as possible hmmmm

I have been reading all other posts and my heartiest congratulations to all mar08 mums who are pregnant again ... am I the only one who is going to have an early delivery in jan-feb 2010? Congrats to Dee's daughter too.. thats indeed a great news...

xxx
Bubbly

[Modified by: bubblynbubble on 12 September 2009 16:38:47 ]

Replies

• Options
    Oh B&B,

I'm so very truly sorry to read your such sad news.

You must be absoloutely devasted.
    I really don't know what I can say but I hope that the legal side of everything goes as quickly and as smoothly as possible for you and your family, so you can all grieve in peace.

Amy xx
  • Options
    Oh no, I am so sorry for you and your family. The main thing to remember is that though your Father is not with you in body, he is very much with you in mind.

I always hated people who told me that it gets easier, it gets better etc.. they are very wrong. I find it gets no easier but, you learn to live with it.

One day you will wake up and your first thought wont be the consuming sadness that you feel right now. The bad painful memories will go away and instead happy memories will come to your mind.

My dad died aged 39 so I never had an adult relationship with him nor did he see any of my kids.

My mum died aged 54 and was the first visitor when we had Lauren and Chris. I thought I would die when I had Joseph and knew she would not be there. However, I very much felt her there with me.

I can't take away your pain as its part of the grieving process but, you are pregnant and you must try to be strong and eat, sleep and look after yourself for your babies sake.

I send my deepest sympathy to you and your family and hope happier times are ahead!

dxxx
  • Options
    So very sorry to hear your sad news. Sending very best wishes your way.
    Xx
  • Options
    so sorry to hear about your loss. im sure i speak for everyone on march mummies when i say our thoughts are with you
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that, big hugs xxx
  • Options
    I am so sorry Bubbly. What terrible sad news. He sounds like a very very special man and doting loving father. It must be awfully hard to lose a parent at such a young age. My thoughts are with you and your famly x x x
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your condolences .... I did need them. Sometimes strangers seem to be so close than ones greedy relatives who never missed a party given by my father earlier... now all seem to have dissappeared in their own bushes... hmmm sorry about that rant... but thats all I can do at the moment rant rant and rant image

xxx
    Bubbly
  • Options
    im so sorry to hera about your father. big hugs to you all, take care. xxxxxx
  • Options
    Sorry to be reading your sad news. May you find hope and strength to guide you through this difficult time.

Take care x
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that hun, must be so so hard for you I cant even imagine. Take care xx