Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

You tube has a lot to answer for! (upsetting....)

My sister sent me a link of a friend I used to work with who was on the Price Is Right. She was talking about her first born who died at birth due to Group Strep B.

I could not open the link so went onto u tube to search for it. Next thing I see all these stories of children who had died. Stupidly I click on one.

It was the story of Riley Ann Sawyers. She was only two and a half when her mum and step dad beat her to death for failing to say 'yes sir' and 'maam'. The things her tiny body endured for the 4 hours that they tortured her is just barbaric. They then dumped her body in the water 2 months after her death. She was dubbed Baby Grace until her indentity was found.

I read the story with tears running down my face and I just cannot get the facts out of my head. She looks a little like Amelia and every time I pick up Amelia I feel crushed that someone could torture their own child like that.

Then I again stupidly read somemore. Kelsey Briggs (another who is the age of our little ones) .. oooh and endless more little babies.

I could not sleep last night as my stomach was so churned with the thoughts of how sick people can be. Amelia woke in the night and I just hugged her close till she was asleep in my arms.

I feel a bit like a car crash rubber necker. I dont want to read anymore but feel compelled to at the same time. its not like me. I think its because the 2 girls are the same age as ours. When Amelia falls down I feel bad for her. How on earth could anyone who loves their child see them so brutally murdered. Luckily both sets of parents are in jail for a very long time, but that does not seem punishment enough.

I just wish I could protect all these beautiful children and get them away from these animals. I wish there was more I could do. Why do people have children if they are only going to hurt them. :cry:

Sorry for the rant but feel a bit better putting it down. It just makes me feel so useless........

d xxx

[Modified by: dee dee on 20 May 2010 12:17:22 ]

Replies

• Options
    it horrible isnt it, i have seen the one about kesley briggs and i was in tears watching it. i just cant understand how any one could hurt their own child? they must be seriously screwed up or just pure evil!
    our kids make us all mad, the girls drive me absolutely nuts at times, especialy freya she can be such a maddam but i could never ever hurt them and i just dont know how any body could.

xx
  • Options
    I just cant get the images of those 2 pretty little girls who were so happy for the first 2 years of their lives. Then the mother stupidly gets involved with some sadistic maniac and next thing the child is dead.

Even the death penalty is too kind for these animals.

d x