Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

i feel really sad today

hi guys
this will probably sound really silly but i just feel really sad today.
i was fine until my friend text me to tell me she had just had her baby this morning (the baby she didnt even know she was having till last weekend! he weighed 7lb 14oz with no bump to be seen and she had to deliver herslf at home coz it all happened so fast! her 5th boy!!)
any way i then started thinking about that special time when you have just given birth and your so glad its all over and its just you your baby and your partner and its just my fav time coz its so special.
i know this all sounds really silly but with me just having harvey (my 4th) 4 weeks ago i started to feel sad about how fast the last 4 weeks have gone and the fact that i dont know if i will have any more and it just makes me sad to think i will never have that again.
god this all sounds so silly as a have a newborn of my own and will probably have another in a few years but i just felt kind of jelous i suppose!! (how stupid!)
anyway im off for a bit of a cry!!
thanks for listening
love vikki xx

Replies

• Options
    I know how you feel. I am already jealous of people who are pregnant and still have it all to come which is silly because at the end of my pregnancy I was dying to get it over and done with!
  • Options
    me to i hated being pregnant as i was so ill all the time but when i see other peoples bumps i get a pang of jealousy. the joys of motherhood eh
  • Options
    I know what you mean. Amelia is 6 weeks old and I cant beleive where its gone. She is soooooooooooooo my last so I am trying to savour every minute. However, its hard as she is very grizzly and bit of a misery to be honest. Love her to bits but it is wearing me out. Know it wont last for ever.

I even miss been preggers.......how sad is that!!! I get bump envy!

Wish I could rewind last 6 weeks and play it again.

d x
  • Options
    hi
    Vicki...when you posted this I was not quite with you but the last few days I am really really sad too.
    My friend here is due in June and I have serious bump envy. I am envious that she will have those new born days to look forward to. Amelia is about 4.4 kg now so still small for 8 weeks but she is not a new born. she is alert and smiling and starting to coo at us. i know all this is great and I am starting to enjoy her but I feel so very sad that I will never ever have that new born phase again. i am regretting getting sterilised though I know we could not have another really. I feel at this moment that I would have another. I went on to due Dec 08 as know an older mum off there and wanted to congrat her. I was so jealous of all these mums to be starting their journey.

I know I am very very very lucky to have had 5 great kids and I am not upset in a depressed way I just wish I could rewind the last few months and start again from about day 5 (first 5 were not good).
    Ah well, my daughter is 17 so 5 years or so and I may have a grandchild to cuddle!!!!!!!!!

d xxxx
  • Options
    Dee, it's weird how it all works eh? It seems madness that we are already wanting that experience again. If I was to go back and talk to myself in February I would have told myself I was mad and probably wouldn't believe how I would feel. We really can't fit 2 babies in this house but I am already wanting a second!!! I too am jealous of my two friends who are due in december (although one of them is having a real hard time with worry because she mc last time and I don't envy how she's feeling right now). I want my bump back!!!
  • Options
    its just so crazy, i dont even like being pregnant!!! i keep reading all the posts in april may and june and getting jealous coz they are all due soon!
    harvey is only 6 weeks but nothing like a newborn anymore! i have another friend who is due in oct so god knows what ill feel like then!
    love vikki x
  • Options
    its tru what Nic said......we all moaned and groaned thro jan and Feb and some poor ones right thro march too. Now we have delivered we all want to rewind and do it again...mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    d xx
    just put some new pics on facebook. those not on or have not got me its Denise Storey
  • Options
    its tru what Nic said......we all moaned and groaned thro jan and Feb and some poor ones right thro march too. Now we have delivered we all want to rewind and do it again...mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    d xx
    just put some new pics on facebook. those not on or have not got me its Denise Storey