Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Finally............

Replies

• Options
    oh how cute
  • Options
    Hello All,

Well Poppy has finally made it into the world! She was born at 00.49am on 13th April (I was due 30th March!!), weighing in at 7lb 13 oz, 54cm in length

I have to admit I'm still having nightmares about the birth and still feeeling the after effects but I am so happy she is here!

I was eventually induced on 11th April after having another scan to check her position again (been an issue thro'out pregnancy with nobody managing to tell which bits of my bump were differemt body parts!!). After deciding she was head down I had the pessary gel inserted at 6pm. BY 10pm was having some pain and at 1am my waters broke but when I was examined the cervix was still closed. I was getting a contraction about every 15mins with the peak of it waking me from sleep but the midwifes suggested I just try and sleep and not bother with pain relief or TENS!!!! I eventually had some paracetamol but was awake every 15mins!!

By 7.40am I really neeeded something for the pain and after buzzing, asking, virtually crying I was given 2 paracetamol 2 hours later!!!! AT 11.30am I was put on a monitor and babies heart rate suddenly dropped - in a very ER like moment the emergency pull was activated, half the ward came running and I suddenly found myself being run down the corridor on my bed to the emergemecy lift and down to labour suite. Once there they attached an electrical wire to her scalp to monitor her heart rate and things inclusding her HR settled down.

They decided to speed the labour with a hormone drip after debating a c-section and then the pain started!!! The drip ran from mid-afternoon and eventually got to maximum dose before I was fully dilated at 10pm. I was given an hours rest and started to push at 11pm. By this stage all pain relief had worn off I was not allowed any more morphine, gas and air was taken off me and I was too late for an epidural. So I had a TENS and RObbie Williams blaring down my ears! I have never felt such excruciating pain and despite over an hour of pushing baby was still not here. They therefore decided to do a ventouse - first cap came flying off doc was pulling that hard but when eventually she came out it turned out she had been back to back - hence the pain and difficulty delivering. Despite her traumatic entrance her APGAR score was 9 and she came out looking for food!

Because she was born back to back by ventouse I got a third degree tear and ended up in theatre for a surgical repair!!!! I was told afterwards if they had known they would have taken me to theatre, given me a spinal and delivered her with forceps - I know which option I would have preferred!!!

Despite all she is absolutely gorgeous and worth the trauma although it is hard work looking after her when I can barely walk!

I've just had a torrid night with her - she has been vomiting mucous and blood (I think from BF) so I'm now sat watching her wishing she would cry rather than keep sleeping (yesterday I was thikning the opposite)!

Lisa
  • Options
    Congrats!

I totally know how you feel! Lucas was back to back and I was on that horrible pain drip!!! I'm glad to say I'm not allowed it again!!!

Glad you and baby are well.
  • Options
    Hi hun

Congrats on birth of baby Poppy sorry to hear you had a bad time of it

Jen xx
  • Options
    well done you..

sorry you had such bad time! My 3rd was back to back so I can totally sympathise.

I hope you recover soon and look forward to you back on line chatting.

d x

ps I found bathing in Epsom salts helped my downstairs stitches.
  • Options
    Hi Lisa! Congratulations on the birth of baby Poppy. She was obviously very happy inside you and didn't want to come out! My first was born back-to-back and I was only given gas and air and the pain was horrible - so I can fully sympathise. Take care, Love Rachel XXX
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bet you so relieved its over
    lots of love
    vikki x
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of Poppy. Sounds like you had a tough time, but all worth it in the end. I thought it was painful enough with 2 first degree tears and grazes so i feel for you.
    Takecare,
    Mary xxx
  • Options
    congratulations on the birth of Poppy.
    It was a long wait for you, but def worth it.
    xx