Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO LINDSAY

Hiya you said in another thread 2 things which made me go WHAT!!!!!!!!!

1. You did not buy a moses basket...is he in his cot? I am thinking of putting her in her cot. Do you put him foot to end of cot or is he in sleeping bag?

2. You have only had 2 broken nights....what do you do??? Do you do a dream feed or are you just led by Henry and he sleeps through??? Amelia is not bad but her norm seems to be waking at 2 and again at 5 or 6!

See, you new mums can still teach us 5 timers a thing or 2! I have never had a brilliant sleeper and ususally have to resort to sleep training at about 6 months which I really hate!

Also, well done on expressing 4 to 5 oz. that is really good. I get about 3 to 4 but she prefers smaller more frequent feeds. I am trying to get her to take more at each feed to keep her going longer but she just sicks it up.

I know they are all difercent but maybe henry is sleeping so well because he is in a cot and taking big feeds during the day.

Thanks!!!
d xx

Replies

• Options
    Wow Lindsay! I thought Lucas was good! He goes to bed at 7, feeds at 11 and 3 then gets up at 6 or 7. Although last night he woke up at 2 instead of 3! Do you think I'm putting him to bed too early?
  • Options
    Yeah I suppose I do go to bed early. I have actually been going a bit later because I don't see the point in going to bed and getting back up at 11 to feed. I would normally go 10-10.30. I suppose keeping our routine the way it is will help once he is bigger.
  • Options
    HI thanks for reply.
    Maybe you have been lucky but at same time you seem to be very pro active towards getting him sleeping through so well done.
    I go to bed at 9pm so I consider anything after that a night feed lol!!!! Amelia is not bad really and she is getting better each night/day.
    She is over her colic burst now but a friend recommend Coelific??? Its about 10 pounds from boots but she says its the best.
    Amelia only poo's every 3 to 4 days and she also pumps a lot and cries. Her pumps and her poo stink like fermented beer!!!! Its not that she is constipated but when she goes she really goes. its runny and leaks out of nappy. the boys were ex bf and they went every few hours! My doc also told me it is fine to only go so often so long as she has wet nappies too.

The swing cribs are good idea. i have moses which was good since she was so small. i now put basket in the cot and she goes to sleep watching her mobile. I have sleep bag for when she in cot soon. Not sure about swaddling after 6 weeks!!
    d xx
  • Options
    meant to say.......you can freeze it in anything! Sterlise it first if possible. I have the medula bottles to freeze it in and I bought the avent bags. You can use ice cube trays..anthing that is non toxic and can be sterilised and frozen.
    d x
  • Options
    it would be easier if they came with a manual..lol. Oh and a remote control so you can rewind a good bit but ff the bad!!! or mute them occasionally!
    Kidding of course
    We go to bed as we up well b4 six as school starts at 7.50am here. I bath her as it makes her sleepy then I massage her and feed her. she will self settle if half asleep and with the Tomy light show I had for all my last 3! I played it while pregnant with her and she settles to it. Also, played baby mozart and she settles to that too.
    d xx
  • Options
    wow lindsay your so lucky to have such a good baby boy!!
    ive never had a good sleeper, my first was 3 and half before he slept through the night, my second was 2 and half my third still wakes, he is 20 months and 6 weeks old harvey, well i just dont think there is any hope!!!!
    infact i cant even remember the last time i slept through the night!!!
    you first time mums are doing really well!!
    love vikki xx