Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Second round of jabs.

Just wondering when everyones is? Lucas' is tomorrow and I just read that dogstar's wee one alex is due his too. I'm not looking forward to it after he was so bad last time!!! I'll have to close my eyes! I'm going to ask if I can feed him while they do it!

Replies

• Options
    mia's first lot of jabs were one week late as they cancelled her original appt, so she was 9 weeks.....second lot of jabs should have been last week (13wks) but are now on th 25th june (she will be 15wks +2)...due to staff training.
    she wasnt too bad after her last lot....she cried for 2 mins but then that was it so fingers crossed she will be good again next time.
  • Options
    Yeah Lucas' are on time. He was 8 weeks 4 days last time and 12 weeks 4 days this time. I think NHS Scotland is a lot better than england. I don't think its as crowded. Getting appointments are easy.
  • Options
    Olivia had her first set at 9 weeks and her second set yesterday at 15 weeks. I dragged my husband along this time and he held her but she wasn't too bad. She didn't even cry for the first one but did for the second. Dreading the next set in 4 weeks cos it's 3 injections at once! x
  • Options
    Nick has been getting his jabs on time... 4th week his first set and on the 20th of this month his 2nd. It is easy to get appointments here coz this being a new built area the docs are not to busy with too many people.

Last time was so bad and I couldnt stop my tears... Nick was all happily chit chatting with the nurse, smiling and she all of a sudden bought these 2 big injections and put into each of his thighs.. he was shocked and his bubbly laughter turned into a painful cry image

Yeah like I had read earlier somewhere, I'll be breast feeding him well before taking him for the jabs as breast milk provides the best insulation..
  • Options
    Poor lucas has been feeling crap all day after his jabs. He wasn't that bad at the time but hes totally wabit now! Hope it doesnt last too long.
  • Options
    Luke has his 2nd set tomorrow and sleep all day with his 1st ones too. Hope he is ok im dreading it. How is Lucas now??
  • Options
    He's quite churpy this morning! He slep til 8am!!! Just those damn plasters wont come off easy and he cries everytime you try! Grr!
  • Options
    Sams got his next week he will be 17 weeks! so just a tad late
  • Options
    That is late! They were still firmly stuck on in the bath last night but managed them earlier. His temp went up a bit but came down with some paracetemol. Are they supposed to get 5mls now or still 2.5?
  • Options
    Lucas has another temperature!!!! It's up to 38.2 now. Stripped him and gave him 5mls of paracetemol. He seems to be cooling down but man he is like a radiator!!!
  • Options
    He seems fine today! Yay!