Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I still a March mummy?

As many of you know, my little bundle of joy decided to make an early appearance and was born in January. Her due date would have been 28th March and so she isn't developing at the same rate as those babies on the jan forum. Ellie will hopefully reach her milestones at the same time as if she were born in March.
So, after all that waffling, i was wondering if it would be ok to post on March mummies?
i have really enjoyed sharing the highs and lows with you all during pregnancy. So it would be sooooo nice to share mummy experiences too.
Keeping my fingers crossed xx

Replies

• Options
    you can join me and Dee Dee being as we didn't give birth in march. hope you and Ellie are doing well
  • Options
    I was in the feb forum but actually have moved to the march one as my baby girl was 2 weeks late, she was born on the 3rd of march! I'm a first time mum and love it but it would be nice to talk to some other mummies,
    hope all is going well with Ellie,
    kel x
  • Options
    Thanx
    Ellie is doing really well, but is still only small at 5lb 2 1/2 oz.
    How are your babies doing? The time has gone quite quickly.
    i look forward to talking to you.
    Maria x
  • Options
    Hi Maria! I was due on Feb 28th, but Daniel didn't arrive until March 6th, so I've switched forum. Really glad Ellie is doing well. It must have been a worrying time for you. Daniel is doing good. He was 8lb at birth and he was weighed at 9lb 1oz 6 days ago. He's becoming a chubby little man! Love Rachel XXX
  • Options
    Hi Maria and Rachel,
    I'm really glad both babies Ellie and Daniel are doing well, Saffron was 8lbs born she lost wieght in the past two weeks but was wieghed today and is putting on!
    i've had trouble breastfeeding seems to be getting better now. The midwife has discharged me now so i think i'm over the worst!
    I cant believe how time flies even when i'm feeding!
    i'll have to put a picture of us on here!
    take care to both of you
    lots of love
    kel and Saffron xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi
    I would love to see pics of your babies. Ellie has changed so much from that photo. It was quite a scary time as she was so small and needed help breathing. I had to express milk and take it in for her. My milk started to dry up and so she was given special prem milk. Now she is on Nutriprem which I get on perscription. She will have to stay on it for another 3 months.
    Is everyone else breast feeding?
    maria xx
  • Options
    Hi
    I'm breastfeeding Daniel. Its going ok now but I've been really sore for the last 2 weeks. Still hurts a bit when he latches on. He's also having a bit of difficulty latching on. I'm struggling because when he's tired all he wants to do is feed to fall asleep and if he can't drop off he starts howling. He doesn't want the milk but he keeps rooting for the breast. Love Rachel XXX
  • Options
    i am breastfeeding as well. Sam gets up twice a night for fod at the mo. i tried topping him up with formula but he just threw it up in a beautiful fountain. i was due on the 5th march but gave birth on the 26th feb as he was too impatient lol

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v190/197/108/716768588/s716768588_487524_1962.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v190/197/108/716768588/s716768588_487528_3524.jpg

• Options
    Ahh bless him
    A little sleepy head lol
    I feel sorry that i wasnt able to bf, but at least Ellie got a good start with having colostrum.
    One thing I've found is that Ellie does'nt seem to like the dark. I wonder if it's after being in NICU for so long.
    Maria x
  • Options
    OMG how cute is he Chris????
    maria, like she said we are really feb mums but though I am sure the feb mums are just as lovely I would prefer to stay on here as I feel I know you all so well. God, you lot know more about my bowel habits, my cervical discharge and my state of mind than anyone else I know!!!! lol!!!!!
    i BF going well though my right nipple feels like she sucking glass through it for first 10 secs. had this will all of mine and no amount of re positioning her helps. I bought the medula breast pump and it is fab. Really helps. she is taking expressed when needed. means I can go to bed about 7pm when little ones go and OH feeds her till she wakes for next one about midnight ish! Long, long sleep beleive me it really helps. Its the easter hols and kids been of over a week and dont go back till sunday (first day of week here) the 6th April. Its too hot to go out much during day except early morning and now which is 4.30pm. They are out now with my 17 year old washing our mangy dog!!!!!
    I heard my 2 year old this morning about 4.45 and if you get drink of milk to him quick enough he goes off to sleep. I ran to kitchen and got drink. He luckily had not woke up Joseph who sleeps in same room. I was feeding Amelia at 6.30 and thought...great they are still asleep. i heard Charlie at 7.15 so went to see them and the bloody dog was in there. Joseph had got up and brought her from kitchen to their room. the dog is not allowed in main part of house so she thought it was her birthday... hmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

d x
  • Options
    Ahh, don't you just love kids lol
    my two decided to have a midnght feast of biscuits and grapes. My oldest son has been told so many times about going in the kitchen at night. grrr!
    My oh let me go back to bed this am as I had been up half the night as Ellie had colic. Trouble is I didn't get up until 3pm and still feel tired.
    Maria x
  • Options
    oh no.....they are little tikes arent they????
    Charlie was 2 end of Oct and he is very jealous of Amelia. He loves her and wants to cuddle her but if I feeding or just holding her he tries to fall on me and her or bites me..anything for attention. Its hard to keep the balance. When amelia sleeping all i want to do is join her but I have to get paints, play doh etc out and amuse the boys!!! My brother here at moment as hubby away on business so he is helping loads!
    How you feeling now as you were not too well I remember
    d x