Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Furniture help???

HI,
as you know we have bought a house at home. I need to furnish it from scratch. I can't be bothered with the hassle of ebay but want to know of good places to buy sofas from.

I dont want to pay too much but not too cheap either. My son Chris and my brother David are going to live in the house so need something hard wearing. I have found a lovely L shaped sofa in Asda with matching armchair and foot stool for about 900 pounds. Does that sound about right. Even Ikea is expensive these days.

Also need beds, table and chairs, drawers etc... aghhhhhh its an endless list.

Also moving house over here on the 5th June. I have packing boxes everywhere. I am a wee bit stressed....lol

d xxx

Replies

• Options
    I have just ordered it all as Asda have 20% off..

got the Caspian left hand brown leather sofa (seats 4) one armchair, footstool and a 2 seat leather sofa for other room (kids room) for under 1k... bargain!

Have got towels and kitchen stuff from marks when they had sale on, will order lots from next too! Ikea beds, drawers and their lovely mattresses with pads! TV's etc from Argos, white goods (tho I getting silver) from Argos too. So much to do but feels surreal as i not seen the house we buying and I cant see the furniture. Fingers crossed all ok..

d xxx
  • Options
    Dear lord, 2 house moves at the same time~you must be mad lol! We've had some Asda furniture and it's fine, hardwearing and long lasting. Ikea does great furniture, especially for kids rooms, which is really easy to assemble. We've got Argos wardrobes atm but the only ones I'd rate on quality are the cheapy set (??99 for robe, drawers and bedside table) that we bought for Joe's first bedroom 5 years ago. It's survived more house moves than I care to remember, a couple of sessions in storage and the general hammerings of a child! The others are more than a little battered!

Good luck, hope all goes well
    Xx
  • Options
    marks and spencers also have a sale on. Glad I waited a bit. Ordered most stuff we need. Just need brother to do Ikea run.
    Have lists coming out my ears. Lists for house here and home.

Off to sort elec and phone line for new house here tomorrow.

sorted sky, insurance, bt, gas and elec, water etc.. at home. Not done anything about council tax but sure they will get in touch with me soon enough?

Had 30 boxes delivered here today..phew!

I think because I have moved so much I have a lot of stuff in boxes anyway. I dont have a lot of clutter or junk.

Thanks for tips CB... vendor is leaving wardrobes in all but one of the bedrooms...

d x