Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

conjuctivitus (sp?) advice on eye drops anyone?

Hi ladies

just a quick post really, jay had doctors today as he has been suffering with pink eye (much easier to spell lol) for the last couple of days. We were given some eye drops for him which we have to use 4 times a day 1 drop each eye. I havent tried any yet as we have literally just got home but im quite sure he isn't going to just let me do it as its been a nightmare just trying to clean his eyes! Has any of your little ones had this problem? how did you get the drops in? i was thinking i might be able to do it when he is sleeping in the afternoon and then when he goes bed at night, atleast that way i only have to fight him twice whilst he is awake but do you think that will work?

charlie x

Replies

• Options
    Lucas had it when he was smaller. It's really a 2 man job, one to hold him down and the other to put the drops in. It's the only way to do it. He'll end up crying but it makes it a lot quicker.
  • Options
    I've had to put drops in Evie's eyes a few times and find that the easiest way to do it on my own is to lie her on her back on the floor with her head between my knees (so I'm knelt up) and kind of grip her head with my knees, obviously very gently, then put the drops into the corners of her eyes whilst they're closed. Once she opens them the drops kind of run into her eyes. She's never very impressed but it does the job.
    xx
  • Options
    thanx ladies, i tried last nite to do it on my own and i have to say i dont think much of the drops went in his eyes! Sometimes its not going to be possible for two of us to do it together as he has to have them 4 times a day so i guess im gonna have to try and find a way to do it myself for when my partner is not here! His eyes look so puffy now bless him so im not going to feel bad if he crys as im sure they are irratating him more now than a couple of drops will for a few seconds!
    charlie x
  • Options
    Sam has conjunctivitus as well it must be going round. he hates the drops but we only have to do them twice a day but its a kind of paste so its really difficult to get it in his eyes even with two of us. hope everyones los are feeling better soon