Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do you stay at home when lo's poorly?

Max has an awful cold and it's now gone to his chest, i think he's also teething so he's really not himself at all. I don't feel right taking him round to friends houses and spreading his germs, he's not a happy bunny anyway so wouldn't enjoy himself, i don't want to drag him round the shops either so we've stayed in today. I hate it though-i get really bad cabin fever. He doesn't want to play but wont sit and rest so it's been a rubbish day.

Ive got my mum and brother coming round tomorrow so that should make the day go quicker but what do you do when they're not well? Do you carry on as normal? xx

Replies

• Options
    well when Millie's particularly bad I would still go out for a walk, make sure shes well wrapped up and get some fresh air. Does us both good as she usually has a sleep and im like you I get bad cabin fever staying in all day! If she's only got a runny nose or something I just carry on as normal. image x
  • Options
    Like you, I wouldn't got see friends who have little ones. Unless I've told them and they are happy for us to come. Otherwise I would probably just go for a walk, or to the park as would need to get my son out. It's probably quite nice if they are cozy and reclined in the pushchair. x
  • Options
    Well, I took full advantage of my mum and brother and went and got my hair done! It's lovely and sunny today so as soon as he's woken from his nap I'm going to wrap him up warm and go for a walk, we could do with some fresh air after the dodgy nappies he's had !! X
  • Options
    Hey yeah i take bella out depends how bad she is, but at the min shes on penicillin to shift the horrible cough and chestiness, but she still needs freshair and altho shes ill she just wants to play x