Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tantrums/Paddys

Hey girls,

Is it just me, or is everyone else having the same problem, bella is being a little sod (thats a mild way of putting it) shes squeals, wants everything her own way and if she doesnt god bloody help me like......she just tanrums kicks her legs about while i stand and laugh at her and me laughing makes her more annoyed lol,..,....if im at work and shes with me (we normally just doss, im not actually working) but if she now loses it i just fire her in the car and leave her to get over herself.....

Shes been a fab eater but since blinking easter time, and shes hardly had any chocolate she just wants crap like wotsits and chocolate.....food to her doesnt matter anymore.......its doing my head in, so its getting to the stage bella with eat maybe a banana, a bit of apple, raisins and thats it throughout the day, although she ate half a jacket with cheese today at lunchtime, but she wasnt trashed about tea, shed rather have wotsits..........

But she is soooooo much fun, and very very funny, its so hard not to let her have her own way if ya know what i mean, but i am trying to be strict spesh with the food, im just hoping she'l grow out of the tantrums in time, il just fire her in the car or the cot and let her get on with it lol
xxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Yes Riley has some major tantrums as well. My dad keeps saying we're gonna have our hands full when he gets older...great! He scoots about in his walker trying to get into everything. We don't have locks on the kitchen cupboards yet but I've really got to get some as he's constantly in them pulling out pots and pans and his favourite are egg cups! But if he's got hold of a cupboard door and we tell him no and try to take his hand off it he starts squealing and going all red in the face! It's funny but can also be quite annoying!

Riley's not too bad with food at the minute, he loves his roast dinners, not too keen on fruit though but he loves fruit pots.

I'm hoping that he'll grow out of the tantrums, maybe when they learn that getting mad when they can't get their own way gets gets them nowhere! x
  • Options
    Max has paddys, not full blown-just a winge really although he did have a big one last night-he was about to pull another leaf off my plant, I told him no twice-he looked me right in the eye and snapped the leaf off so I sat him in the corner-he didn't like that! When he'd calmed down I went and got him, told him to kiss the plant better then we had a cuddle-little rascle!

I daren't let him have any crisps, he's eating brill at the mo and he's got the type of personality where he'd want them all the time, he has biscuits but he's not too fussed on them-I just give them him to fatten him up!xx
  • Options
    Oh, yes, we get this! If you take something away from Peter when he is playing with it, or pick him up to move him away from something or because you need to put his nappy on or get him dressed and he doesn't want to go you get the whole screwed up face, flailing limbs, shrieks at the top of his lungs. I can just about control him now - heaven help me when he is bigger and stronger! Thankfully they only last for a minute or so and he starting to learn. He will now give you things when asked most of the time. Now we are working on 'Come here.' :\)

P.bob, I'm so glad to hear Max is doing well with his food. Peter, thank goodness, has reverted to only spitting things out when he has finished eating, although I think he wants less food these days. I'm still trying to get portion sizes right.
  • Options
    I can't believe the amount he's eaten over the past week-he's polished off everything I've put infront of him, I feel bad that I thought he was being fussy when he was clearly just off his food due to illness and teething. I can tell he's already put on lots of weight, he's padded out nicely, I'm so relieved-there's nothing that makes me happier than seeing him enjoying his food-.he's had a huge amount of spag bol, garlic bread and 2 slices of batten burg for tea! Sorry to hijack loz!xx
  • Options
    lol no problem, all welcom lol, i think its brill thats max is eating as i know how worried you were, its funny bella was great and max was crap but it seems its the other way round lol, although she did have some macaroni cheese for tea, shes a blinking cheeeeese monster xxx
  • Options
    With us its usually because Matthew has something and she wants it, like the tv remote or his nintendo DS (hes 6) and she just stands and squeals at him and he totally ignores her :lol: Then she turns and squeals at me,points at him and shouts "Matt! Matt" like shes telling tales! Also I've been off work the last week and a half and shes so clingy to me,if I move out of her eye line she screams for me to come back - not crying just this god awful shrieking lol, I think she likes to hear herself!
    With food she would just live on bananas if I let her,everytime we go into the kitchen she shouts for one! She goes through phases of eating everything in sight and the eating hardly anything, I think when her teeth bother her it puts her off
  • Options
    Omg Lily has such bad tantrums, its normally when she wants attention and doesn't get it or gets put down. Last week we had our first trip to a&e with her because she fainted twice briefly while I was at the park with her, each time following a tantrum. Anyway it turns out that sometimes when she has a bad tantrum she holds her breath and accidentally causes herself to pass out. The hospital said its just something some kids do sometimes (great!!) And that we shouldn't change the way we react when she has a tantrum and if she looks like she's going to pass out or she does pass out we should blow in her face and that will bring her round. Luckily she's not done it since cos it was scary as hell, I've never been so scared in my whole life!! Xxx
  • Options
    OMG Jenny_Bunny how scary!! Don't know what I'd do if that happened to Riley! Surprised it hasn't though with some of the tantrums he pulls! x
  • Options
    austin's being a little monkey lately too, if u so 'no' to him he just starts having a crying fit for a few minutes, usually accompanied by smacking the floor, or u if ur holding him...he hits the spoon away at dinner now too, and gets proper stroppy if u don't do what he wants immediately...the worst thingt ho is the hitting i think, he'll do it randomly, i'll be holding him and he'l jst slap me in the face, so he gets put down immediately, this is usually fllowed by lots of tears and screaming on his part..oh and if one of his toys isn't doing what hye wants he throws it with a fair amount of force, think we'll be startibng a naughty corner or similar soon, altho Oh can't take that seriously as he just thnks its alod of tosh by supernanny (he can't stand her lol)
  • Options
    Hey. So glad someone brought this up! my son is a buggar for it lately. Constant tantrums! If you try to take anything off him he will scream n scream n scream....and for the last 2/3 months hes started headbutting the floor or the settee or whatever hes on when hes angry!
    He smacks n kicks a lot too. Mainly he focuses this on me though, He rarely hits the hubby, but he will slap me n pull my hair all the time. No matter how much I tell him no or put him down for it he still wont stop!
    Nappy changes are the worst though! He refuses to lie still for them, he just turns over everytime making it impossible. n he screams his head off, goes super red in the face n tries to kick me away.
    Thing is he's normally such a well behaved boy! but then these tantrums come n they are ridiculous. I dont know what to do about them? any advice?

Hes good with most things, he eats well n apart from not going to sleep til late every night he does sleep pretty well.
  • Options
    phsyco princess, i can't offer advice on the tantrums otehr than just be consistent, but with the nappy changes we started using the pull ups for all day time bum changes for a good while now and has made things soooo much easier, he was beginningt o get annoyed iwth being made to stay still as he just wanted to be off exploring but now he even gives his legs to me (if taht makes sense) and tried to help bless him, the only proper nappy he has now is his bedtime one as he's diddy the pull ups are quite baggy on him but fit well enough for short periods thru the day, but for the 12-13hour night stretch he still has a normal nappy on. hth xx