Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nap Times?

Does everyone have set nap times for their lo or is every day different? At the minute I go with what Riley wants as its easier that way!
He tends to wake at differernt times each morning so no two days are the same. Yesterday he woke at 7am, yet this morning he woke at 5.45am!
Just wondered what everyone else does? x

Replies

• Options
    I go by my little one as well. As your lo kayleigh wakes at different times. she usually has one couple hours after getting up,one after dinner then one early evening and sometimes she may have one more but it depends how long she sleeps for. mostly she naps for about half an hour. x
  • Options
    I go with what Millie wants too its soo much better for us both as were not in most days so it would be hard if she had to have her naps at set times! She usually has about 45 mins a couple of hours after she gets up then about 1hr sometime in the afternoon.
  • Options
    I go with what Amelia wants - Like mgmummy we're out most days so its difficult to have set nap times. She does though have a snooze about 2hours after getting up then again around 2.30 ish but if really depends what we are doing.
  • Options
    Nina generally has two naps of approx 2 hours and 1-2 hours. But, this can vary, as can her waking up time in the morning, so no the times aren't set. It seems to work ok to follow her lead at the moment. My main priority is to make sure she gets enough sleep during the day as I hate to see her struggling when she's tired.
  • Options
    Well, I feel as if Peter's first two naps of the day are like clockwork, although there is some variation depending on when he wakes up. His first starts anywhere between 9:30 and 10:00, although occasionally he won't go down until 10:15. The second one is always between noon and 12:30, no exceptions. He will fall asleep wherever we are and whatever we are doing. Both of these last between half an hour and forty-five minutes.

It is his third nap that we struggle with. Ideally it happens between 4:00 and 4:30 and lasts half an hour. But today it started at 2:45 and some days it just doesn't happen at all! image It is a bit of a problem because he ends up very tired and grumpy by bed time but I have yet to work out how to instill it properly as to do so would mean jettisoning all afternoon activities which would drive both of us insane.

I am hoping that as he needs fewer naps we can drop the pre-lunch one and institute a longer post-lunch one, but we'll see. Still working on the feeding schedule at the moment!
  • Options
    Max usually has a nap (on me!) a couple of hours after he first wakes up-always after his second feed. He used to nap for about 20mins, that was when he was sleeping in his cot but ive stopped that now as it was causing so much upset so he now sleep on me and will have anywhere from 1-3hours.

The rest of the day is very random, we're always out in the afternoon so he catnaps in the car or in the pram xx