Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What are our lo's playing with?

I feel like Max doesn't have many toys but im stumped as to what to buy him. He's 21 weeks and currently has:

-playmat
-jumperoo
-a teddy and a caterpiller that plays music, counting etc
-lots of cuddly toys
-a couple of rattles
-books

He used to love his playmat and i could leave him on it for 30mins without him getting bored but i think he's outgrown it now that he's rolling and wanting to put everything in his mouth. He loves the jumperoo but i don't put him in there for long as his head is still a little wobbly. His favourite 'toy' is me and his daddy, he loves us singing/dancing around with him but it gets exhausting!!

What are your lo's enjoying?xx

Replies

• Options
    sounds pretty much the same as you, he gets quite bored easy now and so loves me playing with him and chucking him around etc, everything he has goes into his mouth at the minute so i have to watch what i give him! :\)
  • Options
    Sounds familiar. Peter's attention span seems very short at the moment if I'm not carrying him and/or singing to him. That said, the following are popular:

Board books, to be chewed on as much as read.
    A rattle that can double as a teether.
    Sitting in his pram and watching leaves/people/the world go by.
    A red silk good luck token from China.
    The bath sponge.
    Mummy's hair and Daddy's glasses.
    Shrieking at the top of his lungs.
    And, best of all, weaning spoons and a plastic cup while sitting in his highchair. The cup is the best as it can be banged hard on the tray and flung on the floor with a thoroughly satisfactory bang.

(Mummy has a permanent headache for some reason... image)

I'm trying to introduce him to his feet at the moment with limited success. Hopefully he will go back to enjoying to rather more traditional toys once his teeth start coming through...
  • Options
    Pretty much anything that she can either get in her mouth or throw!!
    Like your lo's, Amelia likes you to play with her, which can be tiring.
    She has:
    - Playmat - but gets bored and watches tv instead
    - cuddly toys which she'll wrestle with (oh did say, ahh look at her cuddling with adam the adder - she was rolling on it chewings it eyes!!!)
    - musical cube which we have to roll around for her as she's not mastered this
    - jumperoo but we have to pull her legs to get her to bounce
    - a play station thing which has all things she can turn and press, it plays music when she moves something
    - books etc
    I think you can see she likes us to play too!!
    Ooh, her favourite thing is being thrown around on the bed - I'm sure she's going to be one of those wwf wrestlers!! my little girl isn't very girly!!!
  • Options
    Riley has his playmat which probably keeps him the most entertained. Then when he gets bored with that I put him in his bouncer which has toys over it and he's just started really hittig them, he gets really mad with them sometimes! He's got a swing as well but he's not too keen as he can't reach the toys on that so he can just look at them so gets bored quickly with it. He's also got a jumperoo but he's not big enough for it yet. We've put him in it a couple times and he likes talking to the toys and the lights on it but can't actually jump yet!

He also loves just lying on his changing mat and either talking to us or watching TV.
    After about an hour of being awake though he gets ratty and tired and likes to be carried around the house looking t everything over my shoulder. He likes looking at me and him in the mirror too!

xxx
  • Options
    It sounds like our lo's are all very similar! Good to know im not depriving Max of any super fun toys!!

He found 'tommy todger' today!! He pulled it SO hard im suprised it didn't fall off! He's been trying to get at it through his nappy so he's been well occupied !xx
  • Options
    Darcy loves coloured links from ELC only ??4 a set and activity cube things.