Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A bragging thread

Just thought we needed a space to share all the amazing and wonderful things our babies have done to impress us. I'll start.

1) As some of you know, Peter and I had terrible problems learning how to breast feed and found latching on very difficult. It has been getting easier for months now to the point where he can latch himself on without a problem. But the thing that delights and amuses me is the way he tells me when I am being too slow to get my bra undone - not a yell but a conversational grunting sound as if to say 'Oh, honestly, do hurry up, Mum!'

2) He has a number of small toys that we practice grabbing and shaking with including a bear with a teething ring around its middle and a fabulous rattle made of string and wooden balls and sticks. The other day he was sitting up and I was trying to hand him the bear while the rattle sat just out of reach on his rug. He looked at the bear, yelled in fury and reached past it. I tried again. Same reaction. So I handed him the rattle. Cue a gurgle of delight and a huge smile before he grabbed it and started sucking on one of the balls.

3) Until this week he has had the attention span of a goldfish with ADHD. Then a couple of days ago he lay for half an hour on his mat, playing with his rattle while I did something else entirely.

4) Along similar lines, he went down for his midday nap today and, other than the occasional sigh, we didn't hear a peep from him for 2 and a half hours. Then my husband went into see how he was doing and found him wide awake and cheerful, staring peacefully at his mobile. I have no idea how long he was awake for, but he was clearly quite happy entertaining himself, although he did give both of us the biggest grin! image

So, what have your los done that have made you the proudest mummy in the world? image

[Modified by: TheHistoryGirl on 27 June 2009 15:23:50 ]

Replies

• Options
    Ahh, great thread, History Girl!

I've been feeling a bit blue this last week, so this is a good opportunity for me to remember why I love being a Mummy..

1. I love the fact that Daisy is so happy and content. As you all know, she didn't have the easiest passage into the world with the pregnancy and then the emergency section. I really thought that it was the start of things to come, but I have lost count of the amount of people that say how content she is. Daisy can get passed around 10 people in a room and smile and gurgle at each one of them individually without getting upset or grouchy - bless her!!

2. I'm really proud of her sleeping. She never sleeps less than 12 hours overnight and we frequently can go up to 17 hours a night!!!! She'll sleep in the pram, her carseat, my parent's house, her cot, her chair - anywhere really!!! We can go out at night with friends and when we come to leave, she says goodbye to everyone and then goes into her sleeping bag in the car seat and is zonked!!!

3. I think she is developing really well! We have taught her to do some silly things - she can stick her tongue out (!!!! - think I may regret this, but it's funny now!), she can wave to me when I wave at her! She sits up beautifully, with me holding onto her head to be sure and tries really hard to stand on her feet (obviously with me holding her!). She's a very strong little thing!

4. I think she eats really well - she's not very big at all, bless her, but she does enjoy her milk. However, she rarely screams for it, just waits for it to appear (we work on a 4 hourly schedule when she's awake!) and then drinks it beautifully! The best is that she's just started to take the bottle out of her mouth to give me a huge smile and a giggle and then carries on!! It melts me everytime!!

Think I'll stop now - could go on forever!!!

C xxx
  • Options
    The giggles!! I love it when my ds has a giggle it!! Proper giggles like the cow and gate advert!! Love them x
  • Options
    So many proud moments but the one that stands out is at Max's 6week check.

He'd always HATED being stripped off to be weighed/examined etc, he'd really scream so i was fully expecting the same but he didn't bat an eyelid. I undressed him and he let the doctor poke and prod. He hadn't long been smiling and when the doctor listened to his heartbeat, he broke out into the biggest, gummiest smile-my heart just melted.

I also can't believe how easy he's made breastfeeding for me. He latched on straight after birth and fed beautifully for 40minutes! Ive never had any pain/cracked nipples etc and it's all been down to Max-if ever there were a baby born to breastfeed it was him so im very thankful to him for giving me such a wonderful experience, one that i know many mummy's go through a lot of heartache for xx
  • Options
    Okay, I'm feeling like a very proud mummy today so I'm going to do a bit of bragging image

1. My little munchkin started rolling from back to front at 13 weeks. She is a really physical baby and has always wriggled all over the place. It took her about a week to learn to roll from back to front and now she spends more time on her tummy than her back. She wriggles so much I wonder how long it will take her to crawl,although I know that rolling doesn't necessarily mean anything else will happen quickly!

2. I'm also proud that she is such a friendly little girl. SHe loves children and new people and will almost always give people a smile who come and talk to her. I think I'm most proud because she has reflux, and often is a bit uncomfortable, but she is still happy and friendly, even if she is often feeling a bit uncomfortable.

3. I'm also so proud that we got the breast feeding sorted after a bit of a difficult start...even if she is so convinced she likes it now she won't take a bottle and has a very mixed attitude to dummies!!

4. I'm mainly just proud that she exists. She is so wonderful and being a mummy is so wonderful. I adore when she smiles and laughs.

xx
  • Options
    Most of mine have been covered have all been covered!!

1. She is so happy and smiles at everyone when we're out. Yesterday, she was lying in her sling whilst we were shopping and a very tall man looked over at her and she did one of her half giggles at him. About three people around us all went 'ahh' and it just made me melt!

2. She rolls! Ok it was kind of annoying when she would wake up on her tummy and not be very happy about it. But, now she has started rolling over and sleeping on her tummy and I just find it amazing that not that long ago she was a newborn all swaddled up and now she's moving around and finding her most comfortable sleeping position.

3. Any time she sleeps well gains brownie points. She will sleep through the night every so often, and if she has a long nap I think she's a genius.

4. She puts up with her big brother being a little monkey, being so noisy and often boisterous, but usually takes it in her stride and looks at him as if to say "what is wrong with you?"
  • Options
    Ok i may as well join :lol: some of mine have been mentioned so a apologise if it sounds like groundhog day image

1. What a happy, placid little man he is - he has two very nosey brothers that run about, constantly go up to him with very loud toys, and he just cooes and smiles at them like there the best thing ever...mummy on the other hand is in the corner tearing her hair out, praying for 5mins peace :lol:

2. Hes made breastfeeding so easy for me - from minutes old latching straight on, ive never had any issues with him - yes he eats ALOT but hes a growing boy and needs it, ive never suffered from the dreaded M word or thrush, i think i may of had a slight blocked duct 2wks ago but that was mummys fault for going to a Take That concert so he couldnt feed!

3. Hes sleeping so well image Day time naps are sorted, he has an hr nap at 8.30, then a 2.5hr nap at 11.30 and another hr nap around 4ish, then goes to bed between 6.30-7pm, hes doing amazing and im so proud of him!

4. Hes mended a very big hole in mummy and daddys heart - we went through 3miscarraiges before getting him, and it was all worth it - the 2nd my baby boy smiles at me my heart melts and i know how lucky i am, everyday i have to pinch myself that this amazing little man is in my life.

5. I think il stop now or else this thread will get very long - you get the gist though i could go on for a lllooonnnnggggg time :\)